ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

good Videos [short films] here :)

<< < (45/75) > >>

n8wachT:
I'm not easily impressed but.... this blew my mind.
15 minutes, you won't regret it  :Thmbsup:

"The end of the world seems like a nightmare to Ben. A memory of a past life that doesn’t belong to him. When Ben starts to remember Isabelle, the only love he’s ever known, he realises she’s missing in his life. An existential descent into confusion and the desperate need to find out the truth begins. This reality depicts a stunning, surprising and dark world. A world that is clearly not his."

tomos:
^ very impressive :up:

EDIT// I didnt read the quote before watching -- I dont know if it came from the authors, but I was glad I hadn't read it in advance.
SpoilerI presume the point of the film is that many of us live in a world that clearly is not "ours".

app103:
I'm not easily impressed but.... this blew my mind.
15 minutes, you won't regret it  :Thmbsup:
-n8wachT (November 18, 2015, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

A little more info on this one:

Here we are again: a short film with heavy use of VFX has attracted the eyes of a studio, which has bought rights to turn it into a feature. The short, Sundays, is described by its creators as “an ambitious philosophical science-fiction proof-of-concept short.” It’s pretty, I guess, but it also looks like a pastiche of a bunch of other recognizable concepts stitched together with glossy CG. (Think The Matrix meets District 9 as a basic starting point.) Nevertheless, Warner Bros. has now bought rights to the 14-minute short, and is making some plan to turn it into a feature.

The backstory here is a bit different than other similar-sounding situations. This isn’t just a short that came out of nowhere. It is based on the concept from a commercial director that a producer brought to agency UTA, which helped the director, Mischa Rozema, set up a Kickstarter to raise $50k, and it was shot and finished at the production and VFX house the director co-owns. The idea all along was to create interest in a feature version.
--- End quote ---

http://www.slashfilm.com/warner-bros-will-turn-sci-fi-short-sundays-into-a-feature/

panzer:
Edited

Renegade:
This is a must see.

Story of my piracy: It all had begun with sharing, it might end in the same way.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version