ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

good Videos [short films] here :)

<< < (43/75) > >>

panzer:
I wish there could've been a movie made based on this idea.
-arvin23 (October 12, 2015, 02:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was made:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362478/

40hz:
Based on the horror-themed game for Andrioid comes a 20-part demon hunting video series called Camera Obscura.

Fun and predictable. And containing all the favorite elements (i.e smart and pretty heroine, evil family legacy, the geekly and soft-spoken  would-be boyfriend, some cheesy special effects, etc.) - like most enjoyable horror stories do.

First installment here:

IainB:
Many thanks to @Renegade for apparently posting the link to the Twilight Zone episode "Wordplay" by mistake to the discussion Re: Is the term "Negro" offensive or not?.
...One of the reasons that I love the Humpty Dumpty quote so much is that we **SHARE** language in ways that other things are not shared.
You don't get to change the meaning of a word by yourself.
It's nicely embodied in "Wordplay":

-Renegade (October 26, 2015, 01:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
The trouble is, I couldn't recall whether I had seen that episode, so I had to watch it, but then it auto-played the next in sequence and I had to watch that...and then...etc.

Curse you @Renegade!

Renegade:
Oh, I know! That's a damn good episode, and probably one of the best Twilight Zone episodes ever.

It fits into discussions about language and linguistics just like the Humpty Dumpty quote from Through the Looking Glass.

And they are addictive... The series really nails so many different elements of human existence. The Monsters are Due on Maple Street is an excellent example.

My NAS is still down as I've not had time to get it up and running yet (need to rebuild and get a new drive), so I can't get to my collection there, which is probably good because I just don't have time for it right now. :D

Renegade:
A bit of interesting insight into Cuba:

"Why Cuban cab drivers earn more than doctors"

Now I'm wondering if they have Uber over there? :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version