ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

good Videos [short films] here :)

<< < (37/75) > >>

panzer:
Kung Fury:

IainB:
My rating:    :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
My Recommendation: A worthwhile watch for SF fans.
IMDB: This Is Not My Life
Alec Ross awakes one morning to find that he doesn't know who or where he is and doesn't recognize his wife or children.

--- End quote ---

On Friday night, my wife - knowing that I ike SF and that I wouldn't usually watch TV - mentioned there was a SciFi film on TV called "This is not my life". I did a query on IMDB on it, and learned that it was in fact a New Zealand-made TV serial. Reviewers gave it an excellent rating, which surprised me as, from experience, NZ TV can usually be pretty mediocre. With a population of only about 4.5M it's probably not surprising.

I checked the TVNZ website to see what episode it was and saw that it seemed to be a rerun and that TVNZ now had a site for watching serials online: TVNZ OnDemand - https://www.tvnz.co.nz/content/tvnz/ondemand/

EDIT 2015-06-21 2207hrs:] also try TVNZ OnDemand - https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand.

The service is free to anyone wanting to sign up - though I am not sure whether it will necessarily permit overseas access on the same basis - i.e., overseas viewers may need to access it via VPN.

So, I signed up and decided to tentatively watch episode 1. There were 13 episodes altogether, each about 45mins long - so that would be (13 x 3)/4=9¾hrs approx., all up. I wouldn't want to invest my cognitive surplus in it if it was mediocre. I figured that I could find out if it was any good, by starting at Ep.1, and if it was, then I could work through successive episodes one-by-one, as time permitted.
So, I started to watch Ep.1 - and I was hooked.
I ended up staying up all night and watching the lot, totally immersed and wearing my Logitech G930  headset. Very enjoyable.   :-*

Summary: Good story which hung together and had a clever and novel theme; good plot with lots of twists and turns (enabled by the theme); good acting; well produced. Not necessarily the best SF TV serial I'd ever seen, but pretty darn good.

4wd:
... overseas viewers may need to access it via VPN.-IainB (June 20, 2015, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

If your computer shows as being in a different timezone to New Zealand you'll get a message saying Timezone incorrect, however if you go into your settings and change your timezone, clear out your browser cache, and reload the page, it will allow you to sign up to watch it.

It may do an IP check after sign up but I would have thought that would be part of the initial check before you got that far.

tomos:
... overseas viewers may need to access it via VPN.-IainB (June 20, 2015, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

If your computer shows as being in a different timezone to New Zealand you'll get a message saying Timezone incorrect, however if you go into your settings and change your timezone, clear out your browser cache, and reload the page, it will allow you to sign up to watch it.

It may do an IP check after sign up but I would have thought that would be part of the initial check before you got that far.
-4wd (June 20, 2015, 09:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I registered successfully, but video didint work - in spite of disabling flashblock (PaleMoon) or allowing all plugins (Chrome). Flash is getting more and more problematic in my experience lately, so I dont know whether that's simply a flash problem or that they just blocking it cause of my location.

IainB:
...but video didint work
-tomos (June 21, 2015, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the TVNZ OnDemand link https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand seems to work best. Try different browsers as well.
I'll alter the link in my previous post. Had difficulty getting it to play in full screen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version