ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

good Videos [short films] here :)

<< < (50/75) > >>

n8wachT:
Poignant short vid using a novel animation technique: [url=https://www.brainpickings.org/2015/12/23/the-lost-mariner-tess-martin-oliver-sacks/]The Lost Mariner: A
I bailed a bit over half-way through. I don't smoke pot or pop mushrooms anymore, so... wasn't quite my cup of tea. Though I'm sure I would have enjoyed it 20 or 25 years ago.
-Renegade (January 17, 2016, 12:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well I guess that's where I am living- somewhere, online... 25 years ago

in a galaxy, far far..  ;D

Renegade:
Well I guess that's where I am living- somewhere, online... 25 years ago

in a galaxy, far far..  ;D[/color][/size]
-n8wachT (January 17, 2016, 12:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

You sure that galaxy isn't high, high above? ;D

panzer:
Game of Thrones Super Mario World parody:

holt:
Leopard enters Indian school; kicks ass;
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=27d_1454936565
Leopard caption; "That'll teach you creeps to give me a failing grade in survival skills." I added this as sort of a comic relief; schools seem to be focal points for all sorts of confrontational agendas; ideologues vs. civil rights vs. ego-trips vs. you name it; India as the venue is beside the point, it could be anywhere. In spite of zero tolerance zealotry and hyped up security, schools as proper institutions of higher learning sometimes become freeforalls for the lowest common denominator, and degenerate into thuggish human law of the jungle (not that I approve; I most certainly do not). Enter the leopard, an apex brawler of great natural beauty, power, prowess, and purity of motive, onto a real school scene and suddenly all bets are off, and all the petty human bickerers are backing off. It's also nice to see the authorities didn't shoot the big cat dead, but tranquilized and relocated him as an unspeakably valuable natural resource. And by the way nobody got killed.

holt:
What I mean about the leopard's 'purity of motive' is kind of like, imagine one of those drama movies where the officer or culprit is called in for a psyche evaluation of 'Why did you do that?' or 'How do you feel about what happened?' after a physical confrontation or altercation. Imagine the shopping list of possible human responses; childhood trauma, professional or personal mental baggage, legal ramifications, personal resentments, or to what degree training played a part, or if it was a result of a misperception or misunderstanding; resulting in page after page of lengthy multifaceted endlessly convoluted human testimony, all of which may be in need of cross-verifying to weed out false motives or hidden agendas. Then instead, imagine if the adult full-on wild eight year old male leopard could talk, being asked all those psyche evaluation questions; resulting in a stunningly brief set of responses that boils down to hair-trigger jungle instincts on full-auto and describable in what amounts to 'ten words or less', none of it the least bit duplicitous or in need of second-guessing. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version