ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mobysaurus V2.4 Preview 2

<< < (4/6) > >>

Wordzilla:
anderson, if you're interested i can post a little tutorial about how i build all the donationcoder.com installers so that they are both zip compatible for manual extraction or runnable directly as setup programs.  to me its the best of both worlds.
-mouser (February 10, 2006, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can't wait to see your post. :)

allen:
The website seems to not work ATM -- do you have a direct download link?

Wordzilla:
The website seems to not work ATM -- do you have a direct download link?
-allen (February 11, 2006, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Might be a temporary server problem, anyway, it's working now. :)

allen:
Indeed, thanks.  So far, enjoying mobys.

Couple quick things
1) When I try to edit the html for any of the template, nothing happens -- does this require a specific editor be installed?

2) System wide keyboard shortcuts to launch mobys., or Handy Moby, directly from the tray would be great.  I really appreciate all the keyboard shortcuts within the program, now if I could  just get into the program without having to reach for the mouse.  (Mouser ate my mouse.)

3) With all the different features/functions, mobysaurus would work really, really well as an MDI -- composer open here, thesaurus there.  I understand that would be a huge job to implement, just an idea for the 10 year plan :D

Wordzilla:
1) When I try to edit the html for any of the template, nothing happens -- does this require a specific editor be installed?
--- End quote ---

Technically, it's bug (though 99% of all users would never notice). Thanks for letting me know. :) I'll correct this in the next release.

You can associate the .mst file extension with your editor program (like notepad) to solve this.

BTW, you can find the template files under the "HTMLGen" folder. Normally there's no need to edit them. :)

2) System wide keyboard shortcuts to launch mobys., or Handy Moby, directly from the tray would be great.  I really appreciate all the keyboard shortcuts within the program, now if I could  just get into the program without having to reach for the mouse.  (Mouser ate my mouse.)
--- End quote ---

Well, both Moby and Handy support (customizable) system-wide hotkeys. For Mobysaurus, the hotkey is Ctrl + F3 by default, and for Handy, Ctrl + F11.

How to customize the hotkey?

Mobysaurus: Menu -> Options -> System Hotkey
Handy Moby: Right-click tray icon and go to "System Hotkey"

You're right, the app's still not user-friendly enough. Better work on this. :)

3) With all the different features/functions, mobysaurus would work really, really well as an MDI -- composer open here, thesaurus there.  I understand that would be a huge job to implement, just an idea for the 10 year plan cheesy
--- End quote ---

Really a good idea. Although a lot harder for me to implement. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version