ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mobysaurus V2.4 Preview 2

<< < (2/6) > >>

Wordzilla:
Here's an idea, there is so much in mobysaurus, it's easy to get overwhelmed.  Maybe some kind of "simplified use mode" would be an option? just a thought.
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course. I'll thinking about it, to be user-friendly is essential.

Another thought, don't know if it's possible.  Instead of radio boxes for selecting different "dictionaries" maybe it would be possible to use checkboxes, and then show all results from activated dictionaries with a nice big divider line betweent them..  might make it easier to just search and say i don't care where the results come from just show me all.  dont know if this is feasible though for incremental search results box..
--- End quote ---

Since Moby's a big thesaurus, in most cases users have to scroll down to view all results. I always fear that "too many" confuses people and scare them away. Like in "any occurrence" mode, whenever results are getting overwhelming, the search stops, allowing users to review current results carefully and resume the search after that.

I think "tabbed browsing" is more feasible than "divider lines" but it requires much more complex coding. Anyway, worth a try.

The incremental search uses respective word lists for each search mode. :)

P.S.

The RichTextBox component is still (very) limited in VS.net 2003 (which I'm using), many more features will be available as soon as I get VS.net 2005 installed.  8)

vegas:
Another thought, don't know if it's possible.  Instead of radio boxes for selecting different "dictionaries" maybe it would be possible to use checkboxes, and then show all results from activated dictionaries with a nice big divider line betweent them..  might make it easier to just search and say i don't care where the results come from just show me all.  dont know if this is feasible though for incremental search results box..
-mouser (January 26, 2006, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is an EXCELLENT idea.

I think "tabbed browsing" is more feasible than "divider lines" but it requires much more complex coding. Anyway, worth a try.
-Mobysaurus (January 26, 2006, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

As is this. :)

masu:
Hello mobysaurus,

I appreciate your work on Mobysaurus.
Is it possible to create a one size fit it all resolution package?
currently there are 2 downloads (800x600 and the 1024x786 and above download)

mouser:
this would be nice to be able to resize the window to any "reasonable" size.

ilker1000:
i can not install mobysaurus to my computer. there is screen appear named installer but there isnt any action. can somebody help me please. thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version