ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mobysaurus V2.4 Preview 2

(1/6) > >>

Wordzilla:
Mobysaurus V2.4 Preview 2

License: Freeware
Size: 25.51MB

Homepage: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/mobysaurus

System Requirements:
Screen resolution 1024*768 or higher, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 or higher

Short Description

Mobysaurus is a free, feature-rich English thesaurus and dictionary software that integrates Moby Thesaurus II,  Roget's Thesaurus, GCIDE Dictionary and  WordNet -- all royalty-free, powerful and most suitable for everyday reference. With this, you will feel it so much easier to choose the right word or words for every occasion or purpose.

What's new

1. Enhanced Composer

Built-in editing toolbar offers quicker and more convenient editing, and therefore more delightful writing experience.

(Why do we have to switch back and forth between an external reference tool and the word processsor all the time?  It’s such a bother, isn’t it?)

2. Standalone, upgradable, user-modifiable spelling checker

Powered by NetSpell

Supports the following languages:

American English, Canadian English, British / Ireland English, and Australian / New Zealand English

The spelling checker automatically determines which dictionary file to use according to system regional and language options.

3. Improved performance

Preview 2 features very low CPU usage when performing a search, and is capable of display unabridged results instantly (in "Root words" mode)

Special thanks to Mouser at www.donationcoder.com for his brilliant ideas and substantial support.  :)

Anderson (the author)

[email protected]

mouser:
i just love this project :)

anderson you really need to set up a paypal link so that those of us who want to can send you a few bucks to say thank you.

mouser:
The thing that strikes you about mobysaurus is you can feel the 'love of language' in the program.  just check the References and Online References menus and you know it's true.

Here's an idea, there is so much in mobysaurus, it's easy to get overwhelmed.  Maybe some kind of "simplified use mode" would be an option? just a thought.

Another thought, don't know if it's possible.  Instead of radio boxes for selecting different "dictionaries" maybe it would be possible to use checkboxes, and then show all results from activated dictionaries with a nice big divider line betweent them..  might make it easier to just search and say i don't care where the results come from just show me all.  dont know if this is feasible though for incremental search results box..

mouser:
ps. took me a while to find the composer (click the little white lightbulb at the top middle).
i'd like to see an option to auto save and auto reload the composer notes - would make it useful as a kind of scratchboard for keeping notes on words.

more requests:
1) option for whether moby should stay resident on clicking close or not.
2) auto detect when user tries to launch mobysaurus twice while its already running and just switch to previous running version instead of starting 2nd copy.

Wordzilla:
ps. took me a while to find the composer (click the little white lightbulb at the top middle).
i'd like to see an option to auto save and auto reload the composer notes - would make it useful as a kind of scratchboard for keeping notes on words.
--- End quote ---

Definitely "auto-save" and "auto-reload" should be implemented, I'm confident Beta 1 will have them. Thanks!

more requests:
1) option for whether moby should stay resident on clicking close or not.
2) auto detect when user tries to launch mobysaurus twice while its already running and just switch to previous running version instead of starting 2nd copy.
--- End quote ---

I'm aware of "auto detection and avoidance of multiple instances", but decided to allow users to run multiple copies since some users may want it (because Moby can just display one set of results at a time, for now). I'm looking for an effective way to implement the "Tab browsing" feature.

You can middle-click a Moby tray icon to see the content of that instance of Moby.

You can instantly open/close the main window using customizable hotkeys. (Ctrl + F3, by default)

I agree totally that there should be more options allowing users to decide which way Moby should behave, and I'll work on this.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version