ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (144/171) > >>

mimo331:
Thanks for the reply.

I wait for the new update with the resolution of the "bug".

Bye.

Miaz:
Hi,
after having some Problems to switch from Stoic Jokers T-Clock to White Tigers T-Clock - and some PMs with Stoic Joker to solve the problem, I want to:
1. thank Stoic Joker for his previous work and his advice to solve the current problem
2. thank White Tiger for his work to continue T-Clock development

I've been using this kind of program for many many years (already the very old program, before Stoic Joker continued development)
I's great - and I'm glad, that now the week numbers for Europe (ISO 8601) are displayed in systray correctly.

The mentioned problem in new version was:
--> There was no text visible in systray. Even modification of font, colour, size didn't help.
Stoic Joker gave me the solution:
--> No convertion of old T-Clock to new T-Clock, but delete of the old values in registry and fresh installation of White Tigers T-Clock.

Thanks again - both of you - for your great work  :Thmbsup: :up: :)

WhiteTigX:
you didn't make a backup of your "corrupted" settings by any chance?
Compatibility with Stoic Joker's version was one of my top priorities... that's why it converts settings... (well, generally backwards compatibility... and "upwards" compatibility when possible..)
I'm also unsure why the clock might be empty... unless the "no-clock" setting was set... but it's possible that I've even replaced that setting (if custom format is used, and empty, no-clock mode will be activated)

So... it was really empty? Rather, missing clock? So you couldn't even click on it to open settings etc.?
You're sadly not the first one with this issue... but I didn't get that many reports.. you're the 2nd or 3rd... yet no one managed to make a backup of their settings before deletion :(

--
I had an empty clock once.. but that was on Windows 2000 because my current/old code wasn't that compatible.. the same issue might happen on XP 32bit.. but the deletion of settings wouldn't work in my case anyway... (it was a fresh installation in my case.. and it simply couldn't write any settings... so it's a different case)

P.S.
I'm aware that I'm more than a month behind my schedule for my next release... currently the summer hit the place I live in... and I hate the heat xD But that's not actually the main reason... just the reason why it progresses even slower from now on.

Miaz:
Hi,
it's not easy to say, but IMHO the area was "not empty" - but "unvisible", as the area went bigger or smaller, depending what font or size or time setting I tried to choose.
But, as explained, no text was visible, only the normal blue background.  ... like the "East Frisian Flag: white dove on white ground ;)

My old time format was:
hh:nn:ss\nddd, dd/mm/yyyy "/ KW("Wm"+1)"

Everything else worked:
- right clicking to show the menu
- click to show the calendar view

What do you mean with "no clock setting"?

- After closing your T-Clock, the normal Windows clock was visible.
- After starting Stoic Jokers T-Clock again, the white text was visible again.
- But during different tests and numerous switching between yours an Stoic Joher's version - suddenly the text was absent in BOTH versions!
- As I didn't know the registry key at this time - I restored my windows (some days ago) - and afterwards Stoic Jokers Version worked again
- Afterwards Stoic Joker gave me the information to delete his registy key - and start your T-Clock complete fresh
--> this worked.

But:  
I have another PC - still with the old version of Stoic Jokers T-Clock. (Windows 7 x64)
I could send you these settings.

What do you need specially?

WhiteTigX:
basically an registry export of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010
Either manually or with such an batch file: (.export.cmd))
--- Code: Text ---@echo offpushd %~dp0regedit /e _export.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010"regedit /e _export64.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010"if exist _export.reg ( echo exported to "_export.reg" )if exist _export64.reg ( echo exported 32bit stuff to "_export64.reg" )popdecho.&echo anykey to exit&pause>nul
But I doubt that your other PC will have the same problems.. If possible though, I'd like to have an export before and after my version... yet the later is more important I guess.

So if the error occurs, just PM me your exports..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version