ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (134/171) > >>

trlkly:
As for MISC, we just think differently on what goes into miscellaneous; to me it's things that are not needed that go there :-)-B00ze (November 13, 2014, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't disagree. I just never paid attention to the folder structure before. The word MISC does imply "extra." Considering its contents, I might suggest using "libs" as the name.

WhiteTigX:
It really is "misc" :P Couldn't call it libs because there are other files as well. (and later will take files like "Options.exe", "Sync.exe" and what else)
More like "system".. but those aren't system files.. nor for Windows, nor really for T-Clock because the Calendar isn't required in every case.

It's miscellaneous, some required DLL's, some non required files and what else comes in the future^^ Would even put the readme there, but then it's never going to be read xD
But ye, "system" was my first name I got for it... just didn't sound nice and kind of bad.. (or "sys")
"system" sound to me like it's messing with Windows or something like that :P "files" or "bin" is also a bad name... so I liked "misc" xD

But anyway, folder won't be renamed as it would just cause too much trouble not worth the "benefits", if there where any anyway^^

About "Control Panel -> Display" well.. isn't really "Display Properties" either... "Personalize" would be the closed to the old "Display Properties" on XP... not only is it what people tried to reach, it's also the exact same page :P IIRC on XP "Display Properties" was also a menu entry if clicked on the desktop like it is for Win8 with "Personalize"

crumpuppet:
Man I don't know why I didn't keep an eye on this thread! Your last update fixed my request from August 15th. I can now refresh the clock with AutoIT using the WM_COMMAND call, and my custom clock is working perfectly :)

I wrote a bit of code to create a "rounded down" clock, showing the time in Afrikaans and rounded to the nearest 5 minutes. So for example, if it is anything between 4 and 6 minutes after the hour, it will display "vyf oor vier."; anything close to 20 minutes past will show "twintig oor ...". For some reason I find I process the time much better like this, I have it on my phone as well using Tasker.

Here it is:

The app builds the text, changes the registry key, and runs the WM_COMMAND. It is executed by Windows Task Scheduler every 3 minutes, and it runs in a few milliseconds, with no real performance hit. I guess you could put any custom text in here using this method, but I love this one :)

I also love that it now shows the native Windows calendar when you click the clock.

Thanks WhiteTigX!!!

WhiteTigX:
[...] Your last update fixed my request from August 15th. [...]-crumpuppet (November 14, 2014, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
This same "request" was already fixed before you've even requested it^^ No update had to do with it^^

side note: just noticed I've actually posted the 666th post, evil me :P (my previous post)

B00ze:
Good day.

About "Control Panel -> Display" well.. isn't really "Display Properties" either... "Personalize" would be the closed to the old "Display Properties" on XP... not only is it what people tried to reach, it's also the exact same page tongue IIRC on XP "Display Properties" was also a menu entry if clicked on the desktop like it is for Win8 with "Personalize"
--- End quote ---

Personalize does not have a link to Screen Resolution, or monitor disposition, which is what I was always trying to reach when I did Display Properties in WinXp. Annoying that it's now 3 different panels, lol. You can pick "Personalize" if you want, it does have a link do "Display" (bottom left) with which you can reach Screen Resolution by clicking yet another link on the left...

Best Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version