ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (133/171) > >>

B00ze:
Good day.

Discovered t-Clock and derivatives tonight, researching someone mentioning the tool on a usenet forum. Nice tool - I dont know how often I've moused over the clock in the Systray waiting for the toolTip to show up, so I could know what date it was (obviously I use a 1-Line high toolbar).

Installed T-Clock Redux v2.3.2β and played with it; discovered a "bug?" @ least on my Win7 system:

Selecting "Display Properties" in the context menu brings-up the Screen Saver dialog, NOT the screen properties (the later which Win7 calls the "Screen Resolution" choice on desktop-background-right-click)...

Now I haven't rebooted or anything (I never really reboot) but I did try the menu item several times always with the same result...

Anyone else see this behavior?

Thank you.
Best Regards,

WhiteTigX:
[...]
[...]-B00ze (November 12, 2014, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
me, the current developer :P
Will investigate if it's a regression or Vista+ compatibility issue^^ (by means, also opens "Screen Saver" on my Win8)

Though "Display Properties" is flawed by design since Vista+ I guess^^ There's no such thing anymore (at least hard to reach on Win8)

B00ze:
[...]
[...]-B00ze (November 12, 2014, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
me, the current developer :P
Will investigate if it's a regression or Vista+ compatibility issue^^ (by means, also opens "Screen Saver" on my Win8)
Though "Display Properties" is flawed by design since Vista+ I guess^^ There's no such thing anymore (at least hard to reach on Win8)
-WhiteTigX (November 12, 2014, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate all that you and Stoic Joker have done, this little tool is really neat!

I agree, since Vista, there is no single Display Properties as there was in Xp.

One observation: Why are the DLLs and the XpCalendar in a sub-folder called MISC? Just dump'em in the root folder - since there is no installer, it is ever so slightly confusing if they are needed or not (since the WAVES folder is clearly not required, one might ask if the MISC folder is also not needed). What should go in the MISC folder is the Digital-7 font. Just my 2 cents ;-)

Best Regards.

WhiteTigX:
[...]
I agree, since Vista, there is no single Display Properties as there was in Xp.
-B00ze (November 12, 2014, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
what do you suggest? Remove it on Vista+, Rename it to "Personalize" on Vista+ and open that one?
Not sure what to do with it right now :P

Why are the DLLs and the XpCalendar in a sub-folder called MISC? [...]-B00ze (November 12, 2014, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
To simplify things^^ So you'll see a clean folder structure with just 2 exes to run. And any of them is ok. Before that, people had trouble to find the right exe to run^^
I generally prefer apps with just one exe at all. But that wouldn't work with T-Clock, in fact I'll add more later.
And generally: all files are required, and of course the folder structure must stay intact. (not sure why you even tried to mess with it, won't work in 99% anyway)

For the same reason (simplicity) I didn't put "Digital-7" into misc, it's not really a part of T-Clock, nor required. And it's in the root folder for people to acknowledge and maybe even install because they like it. In "misc" no one will ever see it exists^^ And since it's not an executable, it doesn't confuse people when it stays in the root folder

B00ze:
Hi White Tiger.

what do you suggest? Remove it on Vista+, Rename it to "Personalize" on Vista+ and open that one?
--- End quote ---

Are you able to open "Control Panel -> Display" ? That's the one in Win7 that starts with Text Size, but it has all the other display options on the left, like Screen Resolution, Personalize (at the bottom) etc...

As for MISC, we just think differently on what goes into miscellaneous; to me it's things that are not needed that go there :-)

Thank you.
Best Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version