ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (117/171) > >>

WhiteTigX:
I know about this problem and will fix that soon.. (a few weeks though... same for the Calendar problems)
And it's not entirely true that black produces nothing.. well in fact it produces pure transparency xD Everything else is also a bit transparent.. (that's why colors aren't bright), only white might be fully opaque.

The problem isn't an easy fix though... if T-Clock were to use the Windows theme font and color... it would be fine, but no way to adjust the font or color... it will render the same as the original clock then...
The current function used to render text needs to be replaced completely.. GDI doesn't handle transparency well :P So we might have to use GDI+

So I guess I will add a new option... to use theme settings using DrawThemeText or use our custom stuff via GDI+ functions or something like that... Default would be to use DrawThemeText then...

Technical stuff about it:
Windows Vista+ supports the use of full transparency without using layered windows. For this a Windows needs to be a WS_POPUP window... you can then draw in WM_PAINT with full transparency... while GDI doesn't know about transparency and sets the alpha bit to 0 (full transparent)... For compatibility reasons, Windows handles the fact and sometimes still shows stuff when alpha is set to 0 but color isn't black... GDI+ what so ever supports the alpha bit and could be used... same for functions like DrawThemeText which is used by Microsoft on the original clock.

Win < 8 seems to handle it slightly different than 8... while WS_POPUP works the same.. Anyway, 8 got some improvements on handling drawing and that like, that's one reasons why you can't disable aero anymore. It's not necessary :P

movrshakr:
Ah, thanks very much for that explanation.
Can I bribe you to put it way high on your todo list (I really miss having the date there)?  :)

From a personal standpoint, I will be happy so long as I can have black and get it to be large (eyesight issues).

Oh, an aside...I found that you can do some adjusting within Windows 8.1 in the Region>Additional Settings>[Time | Date]. Wonder who put time adjustments in the 'Region' dialog?

But time and date are completely separate--you cannot make the display into one string.  I tried to do "d-MM, h:mm tt" in the time spec (since with the narrow bar, all I see is the time showing), but it would not accept date specs in the Time tab.  So all I can get is the time to show, due to having the narrowest taskbar, which causes date to not show.  It is in unreadably small size anyway, so even if date were there naturally, I could not read it easily.

I also wonder if they copied Tclock.  I wonder because of the "tt' to include AM pr PM.  "tt" does not seem to be an intuitive variable spec.

Lastly, where do I watch to see when the modified version is posted?

WhiteTigX:
Normally I will post a reply here... I might also start to do that with all "major" changes...
Otherwise I'll do it at least as an answer to a bug report or feature request posted here.

You could also watch the Github page... I also thought about integrating a update checker into T-Clock itself.. will probably not happen though xD

And nope.. you can't bribe me for that.. sry... currently busy with other stuff and changing T-Clock in that regards might also take some time... sry about that. What color does your windows clock use btw? Is it still white or also black?

movrshakr:
...What color does your windows clock use btw? Is it still white or also black?
-WhiteTigX (July 23, 2014, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Black and tiny size.  But that is due to theme I installed (uxstyle and employing Aero 8.1 Rounded Default from deviantart)...to eliminate the WHITE font hard coded by Redmond in Windows 8.1. with no inside OS way to change it. Not sure the size is style controlled--if it is, I sure wish I knew how to edit it.

That's the two problems even using the style: Although I got the black color, all taskbar font is balck but tiny, and I cannot see the date part unless I use the double height taskbar; no to that.

crumpuppet:
Hey everyone, I've got a question about T-Clock 2010. Is there a way to programmatically refresh it? Perhaps a DLL call I can do which will mimic the action that happens when clicking the "Refresh T-Clock" option from the context menu.

To make a long story short, I want to inject my own bit of custom code into the CustomFormat registry key, and refresh it every couple of minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version