ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (104/171) > >>

x16wda:
Well, my fault for not using the correct name, all I remembered was it was the dll that allowed the Posix epoch time display.  I'll promise not to lose sleep over it if you will.  (I have kids and it's on call week to boot so I have lots of other reasons to lose sleep.) :P

GreenRiverAl:
I just came across this new (since Vista/Win7) feature of the stock Windows tray-clock that I think would be a great addition to T-Clock:

How To Add Additional Clocks In Vista and Windows 7
http://www.guidingtech.com/1301/additional-clocks-windows-vista-7/

... when you hover your mouse over the current time display icon, you will see the current time in those two places too ...

If T-Clock could get a new WINCLOCKS formatting option, we could use this in the MouseOver Tooltip Text.

WhiteTigX:
That's already done ;) See here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21944.msg336616#msg336616
But it's no "formatting option" it's just using the original tool-tip and calendar :P

power1power1:
... So if someone got a good timezone list with just 1 name per offset, I'll be happy :P (even though it cannot be done perfectly...)
-WhiteTigX (January 29, 2014, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this list of any help: Microsoft Time Zone Index Values http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms912391%28v=winembedded.11%29.aspx

Edit: The list below is tab delimited:
000   Dateline Standard Time   (GMT-12:00) International Date Line West
001   Samoa Standard Time   (GMT-11:00) Midway Island, Samoa
002   Hawaiian Standard Time   (GMT-10:00) Hawaii
003   Alaskan Standard Time   (GMT-09:00) Alaska
004   Pacific Standard Time   (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada); Mountain Time (US and Canada)
020   Central Standard Time   (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada
035   Eastern Standard Time   (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada)
050   Atlantic Standard Time   (GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)
060   Newfoundland and Labrador Standard Time   (GMT-03:30) Newfoundland and Labrador
073   Greenland Standard Time   (GMT-03:00) Greenland
075   Mid-Atlantic Standard Time   (GMT-02:00) Mid-Atlantic
080   Azores Standard Time   (GMT-01:00) Azores
085   GMT Standard Time   (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
095   Central Europe Standard Time   (GMT+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague
115   E. Europe Standard Time   (GMT+02:00) Bucharest
145   Russian Standard Time   (GMT+03:00) Moscow, St. Petersburg, Volgograd
160   Iran Standard Time   (GMT+03:30) Tehran
165   Arabian Standard Time   (GMT+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat
175   Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan Standard Time   (GMT+04:30) Kabul
185   West Asia Standard Time   (GMT+05:00) Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
190   India Standard Time   (GMT+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
193   Nepal Standard Time   (GMT+05:45) Kathmandu
195   Central Asia Standard Time   (GMT+06:00) Astana, Dhaka
203   Myanmar Standard Time   (GMT+06:30) Yangon Rangoon
207   North Asia Standard Time   (GMT+07:00) Krasnoyarsk
227   North Asia East Standard Time   (GMT+08:00) Irkutsk, Ulaanbaatar
235   Tokyo Standard Time   (GMT+09:00) Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo
250   Cen. Australia Standard Time   (GMT+09:30) Adelaide
260   E. Australia Standard Time   (GMT+10:00) Brisbane
280   Central Pacific Standard Time   (GMT+11:00) Magadan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia
290   New Zealand Standard Time   (GMT+12:00) Auckland, Wellington
300   Tonga Standard Time   (GMT+13:00) Nuku'alofa

WhiteTigX:
actually I would use that list... not only because I'm not qualified enough to decide which country is of most importance from the timezone point of view, but also for it to at least work more or less... It can be improved later on...

But there are problems even with that list of yours... "Central Asia Standard Time" might not have a proper abbreviation.. maybe "CASIA" is ok in that case... maybe not :P (got that one from http://speleotrove.com/pmglobe/pmtimez.html )
The main problem with that list is for example "Dateline Standard Time" ... what's its abbreviation?

Here's the "adopted" list so far:
--- Code: C++ ----12.00, ?/?             //Dateline Standard Time-11.00, SST/?           //Samoa Standard Time-10.00, HST/-           //Hawaiian Standard Time-09.00, AKST/AKDT               //Alaska Standard Time-08.00, PST/PDT         //Pacific Standard Time-06.00, CST/CDT         //Central Standard Time-05.00, EST/EDT         //Eastern Standard Time-04.00, AST/ADT         //Atlantic Standard Time-03.30, NST/NDT         //Newfoundland Standard Time-03.00, WGT/WGST                //West Greenland Time-02.00, /               //Mid-Atlantic Standard Time ??????????????-01.00, AZOT/AZOST              //Azores Time+-00.00, UTC/BST                //UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and "British Summer Time" during summer+01.00, CET/CEST                //Central European Time+02.00, EET/EEST                //Eastern European Time+03.00, /               //Russian Standard Time ????????????????  +03.30, /               //Iran Standard Time+04.00, /               //Arabian Standard Time+04.30, /               //Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan Standard Time+05.00, /               //West Asia Standard Time+05.30, /               //India Standard Time+05.45, /               //Nepal Standard Time+06.00, /               //Central Asia Standard Time+06.30, /               //Myanmar Standard Time+07.00, /               //North Asia Standard Time+08.00, /               //North Asia East Standard Time+09.00, /               //Tokyo Standard Time+09.30, /               //Cen. Australia Standard Time+10.00, /               //E. Australia Standard Time+11.00, /               //Central Pacific Standard Time+12.00, /               //New Zealand Standard Time+13.00, /               //Tonga Standard Timeand as you can see, I tried to adopt it till "Russian Standard Time"... which is probably wrong anyway... as "Moscow Standard Time" time is +4... and I for myself would call that "Russian Standard Time" but +4 is already used...
"Mid-Atlantic Standard Time" doesn't really exist either... and I had to change some names...
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/ is more trustful in terms of "common" names...

Like I said before... a perfect list will never be possible... not only because a lot of countries use the same offset but got different names, but also because time zones change frequently... that's why the tz database exists... and that one determines the timezone by country... and doesn't have that useful abbreviations... Besides T-Clock doesn't know the country, using that Database will also bloat T-Clock to much.

edit @ 05/28/14, some spelling fixes..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version