ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (102/171) > >>

vergro:
awesome app! and thank you for the date fix for WW number.  a lot of people in my office use this.

power1power1:
Hello, I was thinking of having a little Autoit version of the T-Clock here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/157737-chnaging-the-taskbar-clock-format/ :D Please have a look at the questions posted there  :) I will appreciate if you have any tips to share ;)

DesElms:
Back in 2009, when Stoic Joker's website was -- at least for me, using my AT&T DSL connection, using either AT&T's or OpenDNS's DNS servers -- only working about half-or-less the time, I, being such a fan of his version of T-Clock, created what I hoped, back then, would be an only temporary and very unofficial T-Clock page where people could, whenever Stoic Joker's site wasn't working, find a place to download his excellent T-Clock.

I posted about it in a few places, and it ended-up developing far too big a following, for my tastes; resulting in my kinda' not being able to take it down because it was appearing so high in search results, and also because people were finding it from old forum threads, and comments beneath articles about T-Clock, etc. And I told Stoic Joker about it; and it links to this forum thread, where I also posted about it; and it sings Stoic Joker's praises, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I still get an email or two or three per month, thanking me for having it; and I also get, as I got today, emails telling me that it's not working in Win8, and asking me if I know what to do. Today's email caused me to take a look at my server logs (which I rarely do), and I see that it's still getting a surprising number of hits and downloads each week; and all of that then caused me to update my page, today, to reflect the general state of things as I understand it from reading, here.

Of course, I wrote on that page that I can't provide support; and all I've ever done, there, really was simply explain how I use T-Clock (my settings and stuff), and that's it. When asked, today, how to make it work in Win8, I came here and read from around the middle of page 17 of this thread all the way to its end (at least as of this writing) here on page 21...

...all of which I then sorta' summarized as an update to my page regarding Win8, dated today, 28 January 2014.

It ultimately links everyone to this very spot in the forum thread, so that if anyone adds anything here about T-Clock, just generally, after my today's page update, those reading said page will know where to begin reading around here.

I'm just posting, here, that I updated my page, 'cause it's been a while since I've so done.

Here's my page:  http://www.greggdeselms.com/tclock.html

If anyone here sees any misinformation or anything that I should change/improve, please let me know.

Thank you, those of you who are trying to take the version 98 code and make it work in Win8.

And, Stoic Joker, we sure miss 'ya keeping T-Clock up to date. But as someone with pushing 40 years in IT, and who's within throwing distance of his 60th birthday, I know, better than most, how tired of this sort of thing one can get, and how short is life, and how it begins to dawn on one that one needs to carefully pick his projects, and then do other things with one's life before it's too late. Believe me, I get that! I just wish someone who's really skilled at this would just forget previous code and begin from scratch and build a new version that does everything yours does, and more; and which honors, on its "About" panel, your having taken T-Clock to such an amazing place!

Thank you!

Peace.

Gregg L. DesElms
Napa, California USA
gregg at greggdeselms dot com

WhiteTigX:
May I ask you what's wrong with Windows 8? I've tested T-Clock there and it was working fine^^
Actually my HD space is limited and my PC isn't the best as well, so I can't install Win8 on a virtual machine... all my testing was limited to remotely testing it on a friends machine.
So what doesn't work there?

I've also read your article (at least the updated stuff) and want to let you know that my "fork" as you've called (which isn't that wrong) doesn't currently use stuff from TClockLight kt... I've just thought about using its NTP stuff/tool since it's improved over T-Clocks. But never did so as of now ;)

Did Stoic Joker really talk about rewriting T-Clock? Sure there's stuff that has to be improved... but I see no real reason to rewrite it from scratch :P (I do so little by little ;)) One could improve the way it hooks into the clock, how the DLL and executable work together to further improve performance and stability on possible crash... but T-Clock is already light in RAM and CPU usage

PS: I'm still not done with T-Clock... for example one still wants proper TZN support, but I'm still kinda stuck there as there isn't just one unified timezone name per time offset... PST/PDT etc. for USA seems ok... same as UTC for England.. maybe even CET for "Central European Time"... but there are other countries beside some in Europe that use UTC+1 and it gets even worse going further east... There are multiple names for the same time offset... not easy to unify that for T-Clock... some will be happy, others not.
So if someone got a good timezone list with just 1 name per offset, I'll be happy :P (even though it cannot be done perfectly...)

Stoic Joker:
@Gregg DesElms - Thank you ... I do miss the project from time to time, but it's just not in the cards.

@WhiteTigX - I've not a clue what the latest builds do but it 95/98 had a habit of occasionally becoming unresponsive to mouse clicks (even directly after launch - but could be closed cleanly from the command line). It also jumps around quite a bit when the charms bar is opened. Seems like there was something else...but I don't recall what it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version