ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (84/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I can't switch off DEP for it.-t42 (October 31, 2012, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nor do you need to ... I'd have never released it if that was a requirement. I run DEP for everything and have NX enabled. T-Clock runs fine.

Are you by chance running the 32-bit binary?

Stoic Joker:
I took a quick try on the font rendering issue today. I replaced the TextOut function call by DrawThemeTextEx which is supposed to paint text on glass surfaces. But the API is highly different. Not only the layouting works differntly, it also requires a Unicode string as opposed to the plain ANSI char* used in the programme. These are obstacles that I cannot easily pass. My C++ skills are too limited, not to mention even more ancient C. If somebody could explain me how to replace TextOut with DrawThemeTextEx correctly, I could possibly make it work. Until now, I only see some random pixels, and for some time, my TClock build won't respond and eventually crash Explorer. Guess I should restart Windows first.

Update: I should restart Explorer correctly. Integrity level Low and High are both wrong, it must be Medium. (Using Process Hacker) This is a bit more complicated to run as, but it works. Then TClock (and all other applications...) works correctly again.
-LonelyPixel (October 31, 2012, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the downside of inheriting a program that was originally written in the mid 90's :) The unicode handling was one of the things that tripped me up as well - The project requires a massive rewrite to resolve this I suspect.

The DrawThemeTextEx (and friends) function(s) was a (really clever) home grown export by Two_toNe, I tried to do what I could with it...But I too have my limits. Best advice I can give is do most of your testing in a VM because T-Clock hooks directly into the shell and will crash it in a flash if something (test code level) goes sideways. During development I ran 3 VMs and 2 Remote Desktop sessions for testing purposes to avoid crashing the shell (constantly...) on my main development machine.

t42:
Are you by chance running the 32-bit binary?
-Stoic Joker (October 31, 2012, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

-nope, x64.

The OS was not updated from MS, it is a clean install + Dell Inspiron drivers.
Tomorrow I will try it on VM Windows 8N.

During development I ran 3 VMs and 2 Remote Desktop sessions for testing purposes to avoid crashing the shell
-Stoic Joker (October 31, 2012, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

- many, many thanks. hence, not a single crash on all my server 2003, windows 7 and server 2008 R2 machines all the time with T-Clock 2010  :)

t42:
Tested ver.95 on Oracle VirtualBox VM as Windows 8 Enterprise N [x64-bit Operating System, AMD Phenom II X6]
Same as on real x64 Windows 8 - no interface response

The good news that I tested on the same host VM Server 2012 Standard x64. Build 95 works like a charm :)

Update.
Just installed VM Windows 8 from another image (Enterprise x64 En, not "N" as previous one). ...not functioning as well (

Stoic Joker:
Damn peculiar that is. With all of the WMP systems ripped out of N it makes sense that T-Clock would have problems as it is dependent on much of it for its media file handling. But Enterprise shouldn't have any effect on it ... That I can think of.

May haps if we can get a larger test group a trend or commonality could be spotted/found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version