ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (83/171) > >>

t42:
Too bad, no functionality in windows 8. It started to show time, else no reaction.

mouser:
Maybe we can convince Stoic Joker to update it for Windows 8 as his NANY 2013 project?

Stoic Joker:
Too bad, no functionality in windows 8. It started to show time, else no reaction.
-t42 (October 31, 2012, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Strange, it runs fine on my Win8 x86 laptop, and the Win8 x64 machine I have here in my office. The text does seem to move around a bit when the charms bar is opened or closed. But beyond that it did fine throughout the beta, and on the release versions I'm running now.

Maybe we can convince Stoic Joker to update it for Windows 8 as his NANY 2013 project?
-mouser (October 31, 2012, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

My we're persistent...  :D ...But I don't have a prayer of hitting that target.

Work is leaving me with no time for a life these days...and most of the life I've had time for has been a bitch. *Shrug* ...That's "normal" this close to 50, right..?

t42:
I'm on x64. No compatibility mode helps. It shows in the tray and is indicating time and date, that's all. No interface, no reaction. Version .95
I can't switch off DEP for it.

Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise N
OS Kernel Type   Multiprocessor Free (64-bit)
7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz on Dell Inspiron 7520
OS Version   6.2.9200 (Win8 RTM)
.NET Framework   4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
DirectX   DirectX 11.0
OpenGL   6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)

LonelyPixel:
I took a quick try on the font rendering issue today. I replaced the TextOut function call by DrawThemeTextEx which is supposed to paint text on glass surfaces. But the API is highly different. Not only the layouting works differntly, it also requires a Unicode string as opposed to the plain ANSI char* used in the programme. These are obstacles that I cannot easily pass. My C++ skills are too limited, not to mention even more ancient C. If somebody could explain me how to replace TextOut with DrawThemeTextEx correctly, I could possibly make it work. Until now, I only see some random pixels, and for some time, my TClock build won't respond and eventually crash Explorer. Guess I should restart Windows first.

Update: I should restart Explorer correctly. Integrity level Low and High are both wrong, it must be Medium. (Using Process Hacker) This is a bit more complicated to run as, but it works. Then TClock (and all other applications...) works correctly again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version