ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (73/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Hi, I have to admit taht T-Clock is one of my favourite programs (:
Thank you! (:

...however i have strange behavior on w7 x64...
When I run TC it just run (time is shown), but do not respond to any clicks ......... ?
I have to run propeties page manually and kill the process.
After that Explorer died... and restarted.
I had to repeat this to configure anything but there is something that prevent TC's comunication.
Before that i have tried to run 1.01 version of TC but there was similar action. No comunication.
I do not remember how i manage to run 1.01 but it dies after few clicks. :/
What could i do to run TC properly?
(i have tried different compatibility mode but nothing changed
some of them need UAC confirmation some not)-ersers (August 13, 2011, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

For reasons that are as of yet unclear, T-Clock does not like to be run as administrator. I'm guessing due to the agressive session isolation in newer versions of Windows. If it is run as Admin, you can (should be able to ) run a Command Prompt as administrator an from the T-Clock directory run Clock.exe /exit to unload it without crashing the shell. T-Clock is developed and tested on Windows 7 Professional x64 ... So it should not require any compatability mode configuration.

Only thing that i start to suspects is Kaspersky Anti Virus software...-ersers (August 13, 2011, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that is an intresting (albeit rather odd) prospect. Pleas do let me know if this can be confirmed.

In addition to this i have some ideas that could be useful.
TC is very good tool at displaying handy information in minimalistic way.
To minimize number of simultanously runnig applications this one could show:
- CPU usage as bars (with core division),
- RAM usage/free,
- HDD's temps from smart,
- batery and/or charge time.
configured in settings tab for taskbar and/or desktop surface (look for next idea).

I have read that there is a way to watch timer's counters but more handy could be a bunch of text lines,
displayed directly on desktop with countdown couters showing how much time left (to timers alarm - especially the long one).
Position of this could be configured in settings tab.
The same could be for be for  with cores, ram, hdd temp near clock)
-ersers (August 13, 2011, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still on he fence on these, but (they have come up before)I may try it when I can get time to reopen the project.

ersers:
For reasons that are as of yet unclear, T-Clock does not like to be run as administrator. I'm guessing due to the agressive session isolation in newer versions of Windows. If it is run as Admin, you can (should be able to ) run a Command Prompt as administrator an from the T-Clock directory run Clock.exe /exit to unload it without crashing the shell. T-Clock is developed and tested on Windows 7 Professional x64 ... So it should not require any compatability mode configuration.
Only thing that i start to suspects is Kaspersky Anti Virus software...-ersers (August 13, 2011, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Now that is an intresting (albeit rather odd) prospect. Pleas do let me know if this can be confirmed.
-Stoic Joker (August 14, 2011, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes - thats was the problem (:
When TC is running as nonpriviliedged user everything works fine. Thanks.
Kaspersky has nothing to do with this (:

In addition to this i have some ideas that could be useful.
TC is very good tool at displaying handy information in minimalistic way.
To minimize number of simultanously runnig applications this one could show:
- CPU usage as bars (with core division),
- RAM usage/free,
- HDD's temps from smart,
- batery and/or charge time.
configured in settings tab for taskbar and/or desktop surface (look for next idea).

I have read that there is a way to watch timer's counters but more handy could be a bunch of text lines,
displayed directly on desktop with countdown couters showing how much time left (to timers alarm - especially the long one).
Position of this could be configured in settings tab.
The same could be for be for  with cores, ram, hdd temp near clock)
-ersers (August 13, 2011, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still on he fence on these, but (they have come up before)I may try it when I can get time to reopen the project.
-Stoic Joker (August 14, 2011, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Please put it on to-do list :-)

BTW/1: When configurin tooltip for long text message TC crops the tooltip...
BTW/2: Consider sections for clock/date and other handy information.
it could be nice to put for example: UPTime: 5d 7h (vertically centered) and then time and date in 2 lines...

Mee5ha:
Hi. I have some suggestions.
1) Could you add an option to timer creation dialog that will automaticaly add this timer to timer watch list? I'm trying to quickly create timers using keyboard shortcuts, but then, if i want to watch them, i have to go through the menu with my mouse.
2) It would be great, if the timer watch dialog closed on [esc] press.
3) I have two monitor setup and my windows taskbar is on the secondary monitor, so is the T-Clock. But T-Clock's context menu pops up on my primary monitor - one monitor away from the point i click my mouse. If you fix this issue too, T-Clock will be perfect for me.
Thanks for your time and effort. Good luck.

vabz:
Could you, please, add an option to hide start button (Win XP), like in lclock & tclock light ?

MKappy:
Mouse Click hours format

I have my Left mouse double click format set to

_yyyy-mm-dd_hh"hrs"_nn"mins"

for example  _2011-09-02_14hrs_22mins

I use this as a time stamp for files so I can track versions of the file.

On the Time Format tab I have my time option set to 12H as I prefer to see the time in the system tray in am/pm format.  Because of this, when I do my left double click the time does not come out in military time and thus my files will not sort correctly.

Is there a format to use instead of  hh  which will give me military time when I set the format for the mouse click but I have my basic Time format set to am/pm?

Is there a page somewhere that lists all the format codes?

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version