ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (52/171) > >>

freaky44:
Further please note that the keyboard shortcut: "Display Time Watch Hotkey" is not working. I pressed it a couple of times during the video (and other times during my testing) and it launches a new timer window (not the current running timer) completely blank, with only the window's title and the column names. This little window automatically disappears within one second, without displaying anything, eventhough a timer is actually running in the background. To properly display the timer I have to right click the clock, scroll up to the timers and choose the one running, except if I am doing something wrong.
-Babis (March 14, 2011, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same behavior here at Win7 x64.

Stoic Joker:
Further please note that the keyboard shortcut: "Display Time Watch Hotkey" is not working. I pressed it a couple of times during the video (and other times during my testing) and it launches a new timer window (not the current running timer) completely blank, with only the window's title and the column names. This little window automatically disappears within one second, without displaying anything, eventhough a timer is actually running in the background. To properly display the timer I have to right click the clock, scroll up to the timers and choose the one running, except if I am doing something wrong.-Babis (March 14, 2011, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, now this part is (confirmably) broken. I'll see if I can figure out what happened tonight.-Stoic Joker (March 14, 2011, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correction ... After tracing through the code for an hour or so, I realized that I'd forgotten how to operate the damn thing (e.g. It's supposed to do that).

I Will Make a Proper Help File.

Ehm... :)

So... The Watch Window is actually only for Timers that have been selected to be Watched. Say you have several timers running at once, if they are all automatically added to the list, then it'll get rather busy quick...So The Watched Timers list is populated manually. This way you can have 10 timers running, but keep only X number of the currently really important ones available for quick access. Like so:

Even though there are 3 timers running, only 1 of them is on the (really "Important") Watch list.

The Timer Watch window is also designed to automatically close when the last watched timer expires. This is why the HotKey activation of the Watch window caused it to flash, as there was nothing on the "Watch List". However, clicking on a Timer in the Running Timers menu automatically adds it to the Watched Timers list...Which is why the window would/will then stay open.

This behavior can be demonstrated by adding a Timer to the Watch List, closing the Watch window, and then pressing the HotKey.

So... (perhaps unfortunately) it was designed to do that. ...Mind you I am on-the-market for better ideas...So feel free to suggest anything. :)

movrshakr:
Don't forget the calendar window close on lose focus issue...not as sexy as the timer thing, I know.

Stoic Joker:
It takes about 2 seconds on my machine to make the calendar pop up after I click. Is there a way to decrease the delay the calendar is shown, by configuration or such?  Or is it just the time the calendar dates need to be calculated?

---------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter what config, it's present with all of them (and the delay was already there in build 90). I am running Win7x64 and my machine is a quite fast one (Core i7-860).

---------------------------------------------------------

I checked with Sysinternals ProcessMonitor for errors but the only item was a
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CTF\KnownClasses"  --> "Name not found"
which doesn't sound like a real problem.-xcopy (March 14, 2011, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Quite faster than mine by a mile or so ... I'm running a (4 year old) 2.4Ghz E6600 (Same OS)

Maybe we pick at the missing class name a bit...
-Stoic Joker (March 14, 2011, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Note: I took the liberty of stitching some of xcopy's posts together to clarify what the issue is...So folks don't have to jump around trying to figure out what the hell we're talking about. ;)

Well, I took a peak at the calendar with ProcessMonitor on mine (also Win7 x64 - which pops open instantly), and I too have the same unknown KnownClasses reference. So I gotta guess that is probably a normal part of the control's backward compatibility stuff. There really is nothing to the Calendar; it's a standard Windows Common Control in a basic, plain window. So the lag is really quite confusing.

It is possible that something else is also hooking into the shell at the same point, but I would think that more of the clock would be lagging then ... Or is it?

If T-Clock is closed, does the default Win7 calendar pop up quickly?

If anyone else is also experiencing this Slow Calendar issue (on any OS), do please chime in.

Don't forget the calendar window close on lose focus issue...not as sexy as the timer thing, I know.
-movrshakr (March 16, 2011, 06:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm getting there. It's on the list ... I'm just bouncing around a bit trying to make sure there aren't any tip-of-the-iceberg type issues. ;)

xcopy:
It is possible that something else is also hooking into the shell at the same point, but I would think that more of the clock would be lagging then ... Or is it?-Stoic Joker (March 16, 2011, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, nothing else lagging on my system. If another app hooked into the shell that would surely affect the native windows clock also, which brings me to

If T-Clock is closed, does the default Win7 calendar pop up quickly?
--- End quote ---
Here's a comparison video of T-Clock vs. Windows clock. Since I couldn't visualize the moment of the mouse click I tried to show that with moving of the mouse cursor hectically :)
http://screencast.com/t/hejixsGx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version