ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (38/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Yes, it's one of the items I still need to tweak a bit. It was added during the high DPI tests and I never checked it at the normal (default) settings - which apparently I should have. It will be fixed before the next build is released.

xcopy:
Hi Stoic Joker,

thanks for pointing me to this thread via email.
I just installed TClock 2010 on my Win7x64 and it works perfectly (even the secret hidden it-which-must-not-be-named feature).

Just one thing, compared to your TClock x64 1.01 which I used up to today:
when I use the same font settings for the Clock text the new text is way to bold even when bold is not selected (when it is, it goes ultra-creamy-bold).

This is what v1.0.1 displays with Verdana, 9pt, not bold:
T-Clock 2010 (download)

And this is the same setting with v2010:
T-Clock 2010 (download)
Actually it looks like ClearType was enabled but it's not.
Is there a way to make the text brilliant sharp like it used to be (please :))?

Stoic Joker:
Hi Stoic Joker,

thanks for pointing me to this thread via email.
I just installed TClock 2010 on my Win7x64 and it works perfectly (even the secret hidden it-which-must-not-be-named feature).-xcopy (August 25, 2010, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
LOL ;) ...Good man.

Just one thing, compared to your TClock x64 1.01 which I used up to today:
when I use the same font settings for the Clock text the new text is way to bold even when bold is not selected (when it is, it goes ultra-creamy-bold).

This is what v1.0.1 displays with Verdana, 9pt, not bold:
T-Clock 2010 (download)

And this is the same setting with v2010:
T-Clock 2010 (download)
Actually it looks like ClearType was enabled but it's not.
Is there a way to make the text brilliant sharp like it used to be (please :))?-xcopy (August 25, 2010, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well... Here's where I'm at (surprised nobody caught this before). I made a change in the way T-Clock creates its-own font at runtime that effectively creates a ClearType font (I was/am debating on making this a configurable option). The native Taskbar transparency is whats queering the deal here, because if you have a dark background the fonts look fine. White or pale backgrounds make the font appear to fuzz.

As an example of this behavior:

Notice it's crystal clear over the command prompt, but it gets fuzzy over the white?

I'm guessing from your screen-shots that you have a light-ish colored wallpaper, Yes?

If you can replicate the test, and confirm this behavior, I'll add including a toggle to the To-Do list so T-Clock's use of ClearType can be disabled internally. *Shrug* ...It seemed like the thing to do at the time - I was shooting for crisper fonts on a dark background - But I have been wrong before... :)

P.S. (Almost forgot) From your screen-shots, it looks like you need to increase the clock height setting a bit (+2 should do) so it stops cutting off the bottom of the g's

xcopy:
Confirmed, it's getting better on dark backgrounds:
T-Clock 2010 (download)

But still not as nice as in 1.01:
T-Clock 2010 (download)

So a "Disable ClearType toggle" sounds good  :up:

P.S. WhooHoo, congrats:
T-Clock 2010 (download)

mouser:
Here's a commandline tool to sync clock with internet time, linked from http://shellcity.net -- maybe you could just add a menu item to invoke it.

Cmdtime 3 is easy-to-use command-line utility which adjusts computer's date and time via Internet Time Servers. It's recommended to use it either standalone, or in batch-files, or with external shedulers.
--- End quote ---

http://www.softshape.com/download/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version