ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (20/171) > >>

tomos:
I think there is.  Does the image in the following post help?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21944.msg200201#msg200201
-ewemoa (April 17, 2010, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, there definitely is!
thanks eweomoa :Thmbsup: :)

[edit] also, in options under 'Clock Text' there's 'Line spacing' (I had already seen that but hadnt figured out the \n ...)
Lovely app  :) [/edit]

tomos:
Re using timers:
I have one set to blink - my taskbar is on autohide, so what happens is it blinks - but I dont see it as the taskbar remains hidden
Would it be possible to get it to show the taskbar as well?

Stoic Joker:
Now that's a good question. I'll have to look into it and see what the options/possibilities are.

I kinda got sidetracked into a nose dive with the Time Sync/Administrative Rights issue - Which after weeks of testing, ain't gona happen. I am going to leave the code (where I left off) in place for educational purposes, and as part of the Time Sync Easter Egg but it's buggy as hell.

sagji:
I have installed the beta 6, and have noticed the following.

The properties dialog doesn't appear on screen - but it is in the window list. It looks like it is appearing to the right of the taskbar - however as my taskbar is on the right of the screen this places it off screen.

If I open the properties dialog and go to the alarm page and press OK, or Cancel, - then after about 7 secs. explorer stops working. If instead I go to the clock text, or time format pages it works correctly.

The initial colour of the clock text is black - however the background is also nearly black, so the text is hard to read. While different OSs and themes vary I think that very dark backgrounds are much more common that very light ones, and that white would thus be a better default colour.

When creating an alarm it is difficult to enter the time by typing in the time. In the hour field the cursor is usually at the beginning (even after typing a digit) and thus any typed value is discarded. The minutes field is a little better - or I was just more experienced at the field's oddities.

Alarm sounds tend to be short - often so short as to be easily missed. It would be useful to specify the number of occurrences - so that the bell could ring say 6 times at 6 pm.

Stoic Joker:
I have installed the beta 6, and have noticed the following.

The properties dialog doesn't appear on screen - but it is in the window list. It looks like it is appearing to the right of the taskbar - however as my taskbar is on the right of the screen this places it off screen.-sagji (May 14, 2010, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately I can't seem to duplicate this behavior. I moved my Taskbar to the right side of the screen, selected T-Clock properties and it popped up to the left of the Taskbar as expected. I tried this on both the left & right monitor of a dual monitor (Win7 x64) rig and on a WinXP single monitor rig. Do you perhaps have another desktop customizing app that in bay be confused by/conflicting with?

If I open the properties dialog and go to the alarm page and press OK, or Cancel, - then after about 7 secs. explorer stops working. If instead I go to the clock text, or time format pages it works correctly.
--- End quote ---
I can't duplicate this one either - But I haven't dug at it extensively yet. Any other details you can provide will be appreciated.
nm I think I found it - Simular to the (now fixed) Mouse Tab Crash - I'll try to get an updated build posted some time this weekend.

The initial colour of the clock text is black - however the background is also nearly black, so the text is hard to read. While different OSs and themes vary I think that very dark backgrounds are much more common that very light ones, and that white would thus be a better default colour.
--- End quote ---
Now that one has been bugging the crap outa me, and is now on the ToDo list (I had been waiting to revamp the defaults till later).

When creating an alarm it is difficult to enter the time by typing in the time. In the hour field the cursor is usually at the beginning (even after typing a digit) and thus any typed value is discarded. The minutes field is a little better - or I was just more experienced at the field's oddities.
--- End quote ---
Damn, that is annoying, I'll see about changing its behavior to be more like the Create Timers dialog.

Alarm sounds tend to be short - often so short as to be easily missed. It would be useful to specify the number of occurrences - so that the bell could ring say 6 times at 6 pm.
--- End quote ---

Ring 6 times at 6:00pm - You mean for the hourly chime? The plain alarms have the repeat option which will loop the sound file until dismissed. Also for alarms, you can throw any sound file at it .wav, .mdi, .mp3 ... The sounds that come with are just handy examples to play with (Okay, granted I love the ClockChimes.wav - But it isn't mandatory... ;) ).

Now the 6 rings @ 6 Hourly Chime thing I like, I'd actually been toying with trying that ... So it looks like I will be now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version