ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (17/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
BTW, I have not succeeded in getting a hotkey with the windows key to work.  Should it?-ewemoa (April 07, 2010, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is/was one of those I was on-the-fence issues I'd planned to get back to later. The Windows keys do not work reliably because they're a reserved System Key. While I'd toyed with trying to make it work (to see if I could), I suspect it would be a very bad coding practice to foist on the users. The standard Windows Shortcut options block them from being used ...(for a reason)... So, I will also in the next build.

Thank you, for your continued efforts at poking holes in my code :)

Stoic Joker:
Okay, at this point I've managed to create, modify, fix, resurrect, compound, befriend, and finally kill about 15 new buggs that crawled out of the woodwork in the process of addressing the above (Win + A) issue. Seems there was a lurking flaw in the design of the structure I created for handling the hotkey configuration sets, that caused the whole thing to hit the fan on a x64 box (most of my testing is done on a XP VPC).

Anyhow... I've now locked out the Windows Keys and any other combination that may tend to get folks in trouble (i.e. Shift + A-Z, etc.).

So... Since I've now (between here and the office) been coding for 17hrs straight, I'm going to go fall over dead. :)

Lutz_:
Wow! Have a good rest!
Just wanted to say thanks for this great program.   :)

ewemoa:
Yes, hope you get some good rest :)

Stoic Joker:
Okay, Time Synchronization: (mouser...) Being that it was stated that a manual sync would be acceptable...It gave me a bit of (~Artistic~License~) Latitude. I did not want to have TC2010 triggering any manner of Administrative Rights/UAC Issues/Prompts. So, The best (Have-Your-Cake-and-Eat-it-Too) solution I could concoct was to (give TC2010 a split personality) run the Time Sync from a 2nd session via the command line.

Hence the TC2010 still does not require Administrative Rights - But the Time Sync (which it now has) does. Navigate to the TC2010 with an Administrative Command Prompt and run Clock /Sync This will partially load a 2nd (hook-less) copy of TC2010 that will synchronize the time with the selected NTP Server and then exit.

Now As I mentioned this is a rough draft, so there is currently no interface to configure the time server with. The registry entry will (for the moment) need to be manually added to the registry here:
Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stoic Joker's\T-Clock 2010\SNTP
Type: REG_SZ
Name: Server
Value: [Your Choice of Time Servers]

You can also add (to the same location):
Type: DWORD
Name: SaveLog
Value: 1 (default of false)

To have it create SNTP.log in its own directory (which currently (unavoidably) tends to fail if it's in Program Files on Vista/7) - Choices for now are either log -or- MessageBox sync successful message.

While I am releasing this (rough-hewn) feature a bit early, the object is to see how well this compromise is received - before I poured a ton of time into something that totally sucks... ;)

Feedback (desperately needed) Appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version