ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (13/171) > >>

callethan:
So I sent a hoot out to the void in June of 2008, not really expecting any return, but sometimes you try, you know, just in case. - So imagine my pleasant surprise to find a message in my inbox from that most stoic of jokers.  ;D

Not only that, but he had done the thing I asked for(!) How totally awesome!

Now, just one little thing....
I asked for Julian date, but it turns out that what is often referred to as 'Julian date' is, um, really Ordinal date :-[  In other words, what I was really looking for is 'Day of the year' 1-135, 366 on leap years. Please? Pretty Please?

Also, one of the neat features in TClockEx was having 'launch other application' in the Mouse config menus.

Gotta say, us power users tend to have a couple applications tied to hotkeys, so you really have to allow users to re-assign or disable them.

I have been using TClock, TClockEX, etc. for about the last 10 years, and it is really nice to see this work and refreshing. THANK YOU!  :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
So I sent a hoot out to the void in June of 2008, not really expecting any return, but sometimes you try, you know, just in case. - So imagine my pleasant surprise to find a message in my inbox from that most stoic of jokers.  ;D

Not only that, but he had done the thing I asked for(!) How totally awesome!

I asked for Julian date, but it turns out that what is often referred to as 'Julian date' is, um, really Ordinal date :-[  In other words, what I was really looking for is 'Day of the year' 1-135, 366 on leap years. Please? Pretty Please?-callethan (March 30, 2010, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually quite glad you brought this up. I had to research Julian Date to find out what it was, before having a go at it. But As I recall your Email did mention that you were looking for a YYYY.DDD format ... Which doesn't quite match the JD standard that I found and used. Now I understand why (thank you).

So at this point I'd really only need to add a Day-Of-Year option and then the Ordinal date format you're after would be easily configurable. I can do that - I was actually already on-the-fence about adding the DOY, so I'll just toss it into the next build.

Also, one of the neat features in TClockEx was having 'launch other application' in the Mouse config menus.
--- End quote ---
Um... TClockEx was Dale Nurden's project ... I'm the other guy... ;)

Gotta say, us power users tend to have a couple applications tied to hotkeys, so you really have to allow users to re-assign or disable them.
--- End quote ---
Yes, I've slowly been resigning myself to that. The last build was just a test to see if I could do it (add hotkeys) ... Next trip through we get to find out if I can do it correctly... :)

been using TClock, TClockEX, etc. for about the last 10 years, and it is really nice to see this work and refreshing. THANK YOU!  :Thmbsup:
--- End quote ---

I'm glad to see folks still enjoying T-Clock - and Thank You, I truly do appreciate the feedback.

wr975:
Well, much as I hate to regard silence as acceptance ... I gotta go with it.-Stoic Joker (March 23, 2010, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry for not responding about the week feature request. Totally missed that post as you said, it'll take some time. Thank you for implementing this feature. I think it's perfect the way it is (ISO Sunday, ISO Monday, Simple).  :Thmbsup:

cranioscopical:
Guess I'll just half to get blind drunk and a dart board to figure this one out.
--- End quote ---

And yet, I'm sure you'll hit the bulls-eye!

A few Donation Credits coming your way for the indefatigable effort and constant improvement!

Stoic Joker:
I asked for Julian date, but it turns out that what is often referred to as 'Julian date' is, um, really Ordinal date :-[  In other words, what I was really looking for is 'Day of the year' 1-135, 366 on leap years. Please? Pretty Please?-callethan (March 30, 2010, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Luckily (for both of us) the code is strikingly similar - So I got all of the above it one shot. How ever while Julian Date was crystal clear regarding the "Thow Shalt Not Uses Any Other But UTC" part, the Ordinal Date (after an hour on Google) wouldn't break one way or the other. ... So I did both:
 1. OD = Ordinal Date (YYYY-DDD) Using UTC Time (shown in screen shot below).
 2. Od = Ordinal Date (YYYY-DDD) Using Local Time.
 3. DOY = Day-Of-Year in Decimal (001 - 366) format.

Yes, I was playing with the font size before taking the SS - The fonts do seem to scale nicely... :)

Well, much as I hate to regard silence as acceptance ... I gotta go with it.-Stoic Joker (March 23, 2010, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry for not responding about the week feature request. Totally missed that post as you said, it'll take some time. Thank you for implementing this feature. I think it's perfect the way it is (ISO Sunday, ISO Monday, Simple).  :Thmbsup:-wr975 (March 30, 2010, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you, I'm truly relieved to know that the function passed muster. ...And Thank You also for the encouragement. ;)

Guess I'll just half to get blind drunk and a dart board to figure this one out.
--- End quote ---

And yet, I'm sure you'll hit the bulls-eye!

A few Donation Credits coming your way for the indefatigable effort and constant improvement!
-cranioscopical (March 30, 2010, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gees, I hope not - That'll make the bull real mad ... Then What'll I Do... :D

Thank You.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version