ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (11/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
It seem almost poetic :-\ lyrical - Is there a tune that goes with it?

Nice to know somebody missed the font issue, I've got 50+ Emails from people that didn't. The new size 8 font is actually not bad now with 2 lines on the (default height) skinned XP taskbar ... But I wouldn't try it on 2k.

I've been thinking it might be nice to get folks to post a SS of their clock configuration - if a vague consensus of form can be found, I'll make it the (new) default.

Up Coming Stuff: I'm currently working on the (much needed) "live" timer countdown interface. The plan is to have a single location where a selectable group of active timers can be monitored. Also working on making the stopwatch controllable from the command prompt, so a script can start/stop/lap/reset the counter for execution time checking. Beyond that ... I'm running out of ideas, but am reviewing the emails I received over the years to see if there is anything else I can add (that won't junk-it-up). <- Hint... ;)) Next build will most likely be the first beta.

ewemoa:
-Stoic Joker (March 26, 2010, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good question :)

Up Coming Stuff: I'm currently working on the (much needed) "live" timer countdown interface. The plan is to have a single location where a selectable group of active timers can be monitored.

--- End quote ---
Sounds nice!  Would a hotkey to toggle visibility make sense?

Also working on making the stopwatch controllable from the command prompt, so a script can start/stop/lap/reset the counter for execution time checking.

--- End quote ---
Mmmmm, command line access.  More of that!

Beyond that ... I'm running out of ideas

--- End quote ---
How easy/likely is a non-registry-using (=> portable-friendly) version?

Stoic Joker:
-Stoic Joker (March 26, 2010, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good question :)

Up Coming Stuff: I'm currently working on the (much needed) "live" timer countdown interface. The plan is to have a single location where a selectable group of active timers can be monitored.

--- End quote ---
Sounds nice!  Would a hotkey to toggle visibility make sense?-ewemoa (March 26, 2010, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hm... I'll look into it.

Also working on making the stopwatch controllable from the command prompt, so a script can start/stop/lap/reset the counter for execution time checking.

--- End quote ---
Mmmmm, command line access.  More of that!
--- End quote ---
I've already got a few issues with the current CLI options, so what else I can do in that direction will depend on how well that turns out.

Beyond that ... I'm running out of ideas

--- End quote ---
How easy/likely is a non-registry-using (=> portable-friendly) version?
--- End quote ---
Inside Program Files (UAC/File Permissions/etc.) no. Outside Program Files .ini handling isn't really that difficult - So it sounds do-able.

Stoic Joker:
Okay, first beta of TC2010 now available.

Stopwatch can now can be controlled form the command line:

/exit   : Exit T-Clock 2010
      /prop   : Open T-Clock 2010 Properties
      /start   : Start the Stopwatch Counter (open as/if needed)
      /stop   : Stop (pause really) the Stopwatch Counter
      /lap   : Record a (the current) Lap Time
      /reset   : Reset Stopwatch to 0 (stop as/if needed)

Timers Can now be viewed/monitored:

Highlight a timer in ListView & hit Delete - To get Exit Options.

Note: Timer Watch will automatically close if last timer is removed, or if a Single watched timer Expires.

Feedback Appreciated. :)

ewemoa:
Trying out the first beta of TC2010 (congratulations, btw  :Thmbsup:)

Stopwatch can now can be controlled form the command line:

/exit   : Exit T-Clock 2010
      /stop   : Stop (pause really) the Stopwatch Counter
      /lap   : Record a (the current) Lap Time
      /reset   : Reset Stopwatch to 0 (stop as/if needed)
-Stoic Joker (March 27, 2010, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Woohoo!  Mmm, command line options...Sorry, I'll try to contain myself.

The quoted 1 + 3 items appear to work as expected here.

/prop   : Open T-Clock 2010 Properties
      /start   : Start the Stopwatch Counter (open as/if needed)

--- End quote ---
These made a corresponding dialog of T-Clock active -- which seems to make sense for /prop, but I'm not sure it does for /start.  Do you get the same behavior?

Timers Can now be viewed/monitored:

--- End quote ---
Took me a bit to figure out how to make that window appear :) 

Some observations:

I had a single timer visible in the Timer Watch dialog, stopped it from the Add/Edit dialog (so this is neither expiring nor plain removal from the dialog), and noticed that the Timer Watch dialog went away.  Is that what happens there?  Not sure what I think of that yet.

Highlight a timer in ListView & hit Delete - To get Exit Options.

--- End quote ---
This seemed to work for all three cases.

I started to wonder whether it might be useful to be able to start expired or stopped timers from the Timer Watch dialog -- and/or perhaps have some way to get the Add/Edit Timer dialog to appear via a hotkey or button press.  Still at the wondering stage though.

Note: Timer Watch will automatically close if last timer is removed, or if a Single watched timer Expires.

--- End quote ---
I observed these two results too.  I'm not sure what I think of the latter yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version