ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (7/171) > >>

mouser:
Feature request: right-click menu option to do internet time sync
(i'm not suggesting you code the time sync, merely find a way to trigger the built-in windows internet time sync that can be seen in the "Adjust Date and Time" dialog).

Stoic Joker:
Thank you for this Windows7 compatible utility.  :Thmbsup:

If I could ask for one feature: Week in "Date Options". Would be very useful. Thanks.-wr975 (March 20, 2010, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... Let me make sure I got this right; You're looking for the week # (1-52) of the year, yes? While I've not a clue what this is used for, it's got to be the (hands down) most requested feature in T-Clocks history (at least the part I've been involved in). So it's definitely on the To-Do list. I can't say when it will be added (i gota figure out how first) but it will be added at some point.

If I'm of base, feel free to clarify, and I might give that a shot too. ;)

Feature request: right-click menu option to do internet time sync
(i'm not suggesting you code the time sync, merely find a way to trigger the built-in windows internet time sync that can be seen in the "Adjust Date and Time" dialog).-mouser (March 20, 2010, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Triggering vs. coding really isn't the issue - Administrative Rights being required to adjust the System Clock is the issue. That and if someone sync's with a time source outside their domain, theyj could get cut off from the domain (Kerberos 5min default max allowed time skew).

From a command Prompt the Windows Time Service can easily be targeted with either:
net time /set /y
 -or-
w32tm /resync

...But both require cmd.exe to be run as Admin or they will fail. I've (gotten other requests for this, and) pondered this at great length several times before. Each time looping back to the rights issue and how to gracefully handle the lack of them, should the case arise.

There is a method of triggering run as with ShellExec(...) that I've toyed with exploring ... But I'm just not willing to commit to something that will cause T-Clock to start triggering UAC prompts.

On a brighter note, the Stopwatch has finally been beaten into submission, and has moved to the extended testing phaze. It uses QueryPerformanceCounter(...) & QueryPerformanceFrequency(...) for reasonable precision down to the millisecond, and does lap times too.

(Thanks to ewemoa for the output format suggestion)

I'm not releasing it just yet because I got figure out what I broke in the Timer test sound button first.

Stoic Joker:
Okay, something went right for a change ... :o ...

New build with Stopwatch is now available in the usual (first post of thread) location.

This build also includes fixes for:
 1. Broken Timer Test Sound Button Bugg.
 2. Can't Add 2nd Timer if First is Running Bugg.

I seem to have missed this earlier.
7. Timers that were running on program shutdown are automatically reset so they don't get stuck as unstartable.
-Stoic Joker (March 18, 2010, 10:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

So what currently happens is that one can still start them up, but they don't auto-resume.  Is that correct?  That's my interpretation of what I'm observing.  Definitely seems good to be able to start them again!-ewemoa (March 19, 2010, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct, the timer decriptions are saved in the registry so the timers can be reused. However given the numerous ways a program can be unloaded... :) ...There is no real safe way to cope with/calculate the "Hang-Time", so the timers are all (re)set to inactive on program start so that they can then be launched/restarted.

ewemoa:
1. Broken Timer Test Sound Button Bugg.
 2. Can't Add 2nd Timer if First is Running Bugg.
-Stoic Joker (March 20, 2010, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Verified locally  :Thmbsup:  ...and the Test button even stops the sound being tested.

I tried the Stopwatch feature a bit. 

I like the lap feature and the ms updating :)

It looks like you can create multiple instances -- is that intentional?

If so, here's something:

1. Open a stopwatch window and move it away from where it appears a bit
2. Press the start button for the stopwatch
3. Open another stopwatch window
4. Press the stop button for the first stop watch
5. Press the start button for the second stopwatch

After step 5, I observe the first stopwatch starting and as you might expect, I expected the second stopwatch to start instead.

Stoic Joker:
It looks like you can create multiple instances -- is that intentional?-ewemoa (March 20, 2010, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-[ No. It's supposed to check for an existing instance on load and give that one focus if it's found.
(Forest->Trees ... shit)

That will be fixed in the next release.

Thank You.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version