ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (92/171) > >>

WhiteTigX:
In case you guys still want to know how to display the windoze calendar, its possible ;)

* Find the tray window with class: "Shell_TrayWnd"
* find control with class: "TrayClockWClass"
* PostMessage: WM_USER+102,1,0IIRC you already got that handle.. or at least a system to find such windows/controls. I just can't implement it myself as I'm a gcc developer and I don't want to convert your source :P

P.S. wParam=0 or WM_USER+103 will show the original tooltip... (which I prefer... not only because it will show different time zones)

Stoic Joker:
In case you guys still want to know how to display the windoze calendar, its possible ;)

* Find the tray window with class: "Shell_TrayWnd"
* find control with class: "TrayClockWClass"
* PostMessage: WM_USER+102,1,0IIRC you already got that handle.. or at least a system to find such windows/controls. I just can't implement it myself as I'm a gcc developer and I don't want to convert your source :P

P.S. wParam=0 or WM_USER+103 will show the original tooltip... (which I prefer... not only because it will show different time zones)
-WhiteTigX (May 30, 2013, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd hate to admit how much time I spent trying to fond that information ...(and never did)... Thank you for making it available. I only wish I had the time to play with it.

If you like, I can add the link to your build to the first post so it's easier for people to find...else it might get lost back here on page 19.
-Stoic Joker (May 03, 2013, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have nothing against it, but this link is temporary so it may disappear some time in the future, either when it's replaced by a newer version or somebody else publishes a better one...

I'm not sure about your source code licence, I haven't found any information about it. I could put up a repository on Github and also upload current source builds there. That would be a more "suitable" location for such things. (I wouldn't want to setup a real project page on my dev website because it's not my project.) But I couldn't really maintain the code, just update it from other locations and integrate ready patches. How do you manage your source code? Could you work with a Github repository as well? (It could save you from data loss as well... :))
-LonelyPixel (May 04, 2013, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Greetings, sorry about the delay...but I really wasn't sure how to answer the licensing question (I tend to find them annoying). The original author (Kazubon) created TClock as a teaching tool to show people how to code for the then new Windows 95 shell. So given that the original author intended it to be for everyone to use and learn from...(to my way of thinking)...I would be in extremely poor taste for me to impose any sort of licensing/restrictions on T-Clock's code. I have merely been the projects caretaker for the last decade or so. It is to belong to everyone.

I've never actually used Github or any of the other source management systems but if it makes it easier for you to manage your branch of the project... *Shrug* ...is ok by me ;)

Given that T-Clock's home (according to Google...) has been here for quite some time, I'd be happy to list/link to any of the builds here so they are easier for people to find if/when they go looking.

------------------------------
Post #: 4,000

LonelyPixel:
Alright, so from a licensing perspective, either BSD (or the similar MIT) licence or Public Domain would be appropriate. BSD/MIT require keeping any existing author/copyright notices but allow everything else. Public Domain should actually allow everything with no restriction whatsoever. BSD/MIT are very common among open-source projects with a very liberal licence, and Public Domain is for instance used by the very popular SQLite project.

As for GitHub, I actually wouldn't need to maintain "my branch" of T-Clock. (I'm just a user who wants to see it working...) My idea was to find a place for the latest version of the code for every contributor to contribute to and hence for every interested user to get it from. I've seen three current contributors so far, one being you and the other two being the most recent patch commenters in this forum. I don't see myself as one of them so far. It would of course be most useful if everybody had access to this one location and GitHub could be it. (There are sure other sites like CodePlex and you name it, but my personal experience is limited to GitHub. Also, I'm not fully aware of how multi-contributor cooperation really truly works with GitHub, but at least one repository is certainly a start for it.)

Long story short, I'll just create a repo there, upload my latest build of it and publish the URL. You could then also use that link for this site and we'll see how it goes with further contributions and patches. No obligations at all.

Stoic Joker:
Sounds like a plan ... Thank you!

LonelyPixel:
The source code is now up: https://github.com/dg9ngf/T-Clock

The download archive isn't all as lucky. GitHub has discontinued the file download feature, because it was confusing as they say. Too bad, it served me well. I'm currently trying the Google Drive hosting, but it has been proven to be complicated to handle in the past. Plus it's not really part of the repository so that other contributors could replace it... Maybe I'll just include it in the source code repository as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version