ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (71/171) > >>

mouser:
yeah but how often are you going to ever want to change that value -- personally i dont know why everyone wouldnt stick to 1 yr view.

movrshakr:
yeah but how often are you going to ever want to change that value -- personally i dont know why everyone wouldnt stick to 1 yr view.
-mouser (August 05, 2011, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow.  Don't assume that however you use it is how other people want it.

I need only the current month 99% of time.  But my proposal would not eliminate setting a full year as your one click initial view.  Sorry if that was not clear.  

You could set whatever you want as your normal initial view just as now.  All I was proposing was being able to pop into either of the 1-yr views without having to go into options and basicall set a new standard view...switching would be right there in the calendar.

I also see nothing wrong with putting buttons in every calendar to do an instant switch to one of the other views.

Stoic Joker:
-mouser (August 05, 2011, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow.  Don't assume that however you use it is how other people want it.-movrshakr (August 05, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's a fair question that frequently needs to be addressed (probably more often) in software design; can you do something vs. should you do something.

The button idea I'm not real keen on as I spent an insane amount of time trying to get the window to wrap cleanly around the calendar control in all configurations and OSs. But. If I can hook the window's system menu, It might be cool to have flexibility options there.

I have run into occasions where view switching would have been handy as I do seem to have a rather tenuous grasp of time. 12 month view takes up a lot of screen-estate especially if one just wants a quick what day is next Tuesday answer. I also like the 1 month view as it alleviates the need to remember what month it is (like I said tenuous grasp...).

I'll add further investigation of this to the T-Clock to-do list, but all I can promis is it won't be soon. Currently most of my (scant) free time is going into my Got Space? NANY project. ...Which is also currently stalled due to the level of 9-5 Office projects keeping me on the ragged edge of burnout.

lanux128:
(Long Shot) If you check properties on the clock.exe and tclock.dll files, do either of them show an UnBlock button?
-Stoic Joker (August 05, 2011, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks SJ, i'll try this when i get to the Win7 box. i'm guessing this anomaly has more to do with my Win 7 setup than your app. anyway, i'm glad that there is a TClock version for those of us who use 64-bit Windows. thanks for TClock 2010 again.. :up:

vaga8ondxwr:
Please support additional clocks. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version