ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2010 (download)

<< < (34/171) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay, in the interest of clarity I skipped the vitalization and ran the test on my physical hardware. So with 2 17" monitors running 1280 x 1024 resolution I ran the DPI test with Logoff and reboot between each change to see if/how it would (Mis?)behave.

120DPI (125%) it positioned itself just fine after log off/on - Also positioned just fine after reboot.

144DPI (150%) it positioned itself just fine after log off/on - Also positioned just fine after reboot.

192DPI (200%) it positioned itself just fine after log off/on - After reboot it positioned itself below the taskbar.

I would however like to note that at those (1280x1024 192DPI) settings nothing else on the screen looked right either. Text, Icons, Wallpaper all were blurry, and the Icons were so large that four of them could barely fit in a row. e.g. settings were outside the rational limits of the hardware.

sagji:
I have Win 7 x64 installed, I downloaded the version at the top of the thread, the x64 version , changed Windows to use hideous 144dpi, and T-Clock looks fine to me whether Windows XP scaling is checked or unchecked (was prompted to log off each time). Is there something I should look for?
-daddydave (June 16, 2010, 01:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes - I get the same untill I reboot.-sagji (June 18, 2010, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Um... When I change the DPI setting it only asks to logoff and then back on to enable the change (which I do). But are you saying that after a reboot the behavior changes again? Or are you just rebooting instead of logging off/on to be sure it takes? IIRC my results don't change either way as I had to reboot the VPC a few times during the tests for other reasons - and - I just can not get the thing to fail.
-Stoic Joker (June 18, 2010, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
If I change the DPI to 150% and log off then it appears in the correct place. When I reboot it appears in the wrong place.
If I change the DPI to 125% then regardless of rebooting it always appears in the correct place.

Stoic Joker:
Well, best I can tell at this point is that my nemesis is apparently the Win7 DWM. I say this because its influence is only felt at DPI settings that are above 150. Anything below that reverts (via default system behavior) to XP's scaling behavior.

Hence the issue becomes a pissing contest between the application and the DWM as to where and how things get scaled/located...especially if the application is not marked as DPI aware in some fashion. Therein lying the tricky part.

Options for marking an application as DPI aware are either using a function call (that isn't recognized by MSVS2005), or using an entry in the manifest (that isn't recognized by MSVS2005). Which brings one (or at least me) to the conclusion that this ain't gonna get solved with MSVS2005 - Which of course I am and have been using.

So...(best I can tell) it's backup the project and upgrade the compiler time. I grabbed a copy of MSVS 2010 pro yesterday, and am currently pondering what if any install options there are e.g. will they play nice together, or do I have to commit to an upgrade.

Stoic Joker:
Okay, Did a compile with MSVS2010 or the modified code - which promptly failed the positioning test quite consistently.

So, I did a compile of the original (un "fixed") code - and all of the positioning test passed (for me)

Now, the $10,000 question is: Will it work for Sagji?!?

Sagji, all of the known universe now holds it's breath awaiting your reply...

:D

sagji:
Okay, Did a compile with MSVS2010 or the modified code - which promptly failed the positioning test quite consistently.

So, I did a compile of the original (un "fixed") code - and all of the positioning test passed (for me)

Now, the $10,000 question is: Will it work for Sagji?!?
 (see attachment in previous post)
Sagji, all of the known universe now holds it's breath awaiting your reply...

:D
-Stoic Joker (June 21, 2010, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
That wasn't the universe holding its breath, that was the universe sniggering behind its hand.  :D

No change from the previous version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version