topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Logipole Konvertor change of license for existing customers  (Read 4117 times)

myarmor

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Logipole Konvertor change of license for existing customers
« on: February 26, 2010, 08:25 PM »
When Konvertor 4.0 () was released they changed the length of a license (including EXISTING) for customers at the same time.

When it was bought all UPGRADES was free (i.e including major versions), both the
front page and FAQ said so, although the faq was more direct.
Quote from the old faq: "Do I have to pay for the upgrades? No! All upgrades are free to registered users." Reference

The new faq says: "You will have to pay a small fee for main new versions (10 €). Bug fixes are free, sub versions (4.01, 4.02 -> 4.09) too." Reference

This applies to old customers too.. in other words, they did the same as selling a Windows 7 Ultimate and after some time it reverts to Windows 7 Starter. (I know the comparison isn't exactly spot on).
Well, the software wasn't too good, but it still doesn't seem right.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:32 PM by myarmor »

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Logipole Konvertor change of license for existing customers
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Sadly this is more common than you would suspect. Most likely their Terms and Conditions state that they can change their policies at any time and if you don’t like it, tough doo-doo. Or words to that effect. Anal jerk that I am, I usually grab a copy of all sites' T&C's and Privacy Policies and run them through Eulayzer to get a quick hint of what suspect terms are in there and I see more and more clauses like this. You know, if you read the Terms for most web sites before you sign up or make a purchase you might stop using all internet sites that require signups!! Makes you paraniod as hell.

Jim