ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Create Shortcut on the Destop (hopefully not as stupid as it sounds)

<< < (3/4) > >>

AndyM:
Note after you disable/enable an extension you need to restart explorer.exe. One way to do so is kill the process through taskmanager and then still in taskmanger chose New task and type explorer. There may also be an easier way someone here knows
-Eóin (March 01, 2010, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
NirSoft has a utility that restarts explorer:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/restart_explorer.html

jdd:
skwire

Worked like a charm.  However, my preference would be that the script is not always running in the tray. 

Is it possible to add an option so that the script can be executed as an alias in FARR, and closes after the shortcut is created on the desktop?

skwire:
Is it possible to add an option so that the script can be executed as an alias in FARR, and closes after the shortcut is created on the desktop?
-jdd (March 01, 2010, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you not run a main AHK script of any sort?  This is a simple hotkey that can be integrated into any AHK script.

See post below...

skwire:
Here's a FARR alias package for it:

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/snacks/DesktopShortcutter.zip

Unpack that to your FARR Installed or MyCustom folder and type goreload into FARR.  The default alias is ds and the application is designed to activate the last active window before FARR.  In other words, focus your Explorer (or any file manager) window, make your selection, activate FARR, type ds, and press enter.  Shortcuts of your selection should appear on the desktop.  Let me know how it works out for you.  Thanks.

jdd:
It works in Windows Explorer but not my preferred file manager which is XPlorer2.  When I try it in XPlorer2, it maximizes my browser (Firefox), and pops open an error message that says "The clipboard timed out".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version