ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pirate vs. Paying Customer illustrated

(1/12) > >>

zridling:
Yes, this whole thing really punishes the honest guy. <Insert cursing here>

KynloStephen66515:
Hahaha, thats awesome, and also very very true, and pretty much the only reason I download some films :P

mrainey:
Not so funny when you see your applications pirated.

KynloStephen66515:
Not so funny when you see your applications pirated.
-mrainey (February 25, 2010, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is about movies, but I do understand your point.  I also never said I DONT buy the DVDs, I just download them cause I hate having to hunt through my collection just to put it in my computer, and it saves A LOT of time copying the DVD (if it even allows you to) then converting to AVI to save space.

Technically not pirating, due to the fact I own the original work anyway.  Its along the same lines as downloading a no-cd or modified EXE so you don't need the CD/DVD for software/games, due to risk of scratching the disc, or playing that many games it just gets annoying locating discs.

Eóin:
This just supports one of the long standing arguments why ordinary people pirate- even without taking price into consideration the pirates still offer a better product. As long as that continues to be the case I'll have little sympathy for the victims.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version