ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

UltraSearch: a competitor to Everything?

<< < (2/4) > >>

sajman99:
Thankfully Everything works flawlessly on my system so I took a pass on UltraSearch.

btw the JAM Software developer seems pretty talented to this non-coder. I also use the freeware TreeSize Free.

Stoic Joker:
Damn, that is fast! ...And will export found file list too - It's a keeper.

Perry Mowbray:
Has to run with Administrator privaledges... so work is out  >:(

nudone:
i use Everything a lot and i remember quickly testing out UltraSearch as a possible replacement. it got uninstalled pretty quick - i forgot why so i've just installed it again and played around a bit with it.

i guess it depends what you really need from your search.  

UltraSearch is uninstalled again now. it doesn't have the range of options that Everything provides. i won't list them because they are available to see if you look in the configuration settings in Everything.

in brief; it just looks like Everything allows you a lot more ways to fine tune your search. if you don't need all the fine tuning then UltraSearch seems okay.

(i appreciate that if Everything didn't find/display files that i knew were on the system then it would be of zero use and would be uninstalled too. but, thankfully, it appears to work fine here.)

edit:
i've just spotted that i made a post at the top of this thread - that summed up what i've just said. doh.

Perry Mowbray:
nudone: it begs the question - what part of "ultra" do they not understand?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version