ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free Pascal - Lazarus?

<< < (5/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
afa the update, yes there were definitely some fixes to Delphi 5 Pro you needed to install.  I used to keep the update files.  If you need them and can't find them online anymore I suggest investigating the Jedi stuff.  The last time I installed the JVCL installer that put on the whole package for D5 had an option to install the fix package, believe it or not.  It all goes on seamlessly, if you can still get those JVCL installers. I think for D5 you need to use the installer that's a couple of versions back from the latest.

Ath:
Hm, I'd wait another 6 weeks or so (April 12 is the planned release date...), and get the VS2010 C# Express edition (but the RC I have installed in a VM is much, much better than the beta 2 of a few months ago). Looks like VS is nearly up to par with Eclipse for an IDE (I still like Eclipse better, and it's always improving ;)) but VS2010 Express has big potential, and the price is right :D

kartal:
VS always installs butt load of stuff on my computer, I can almost call it bloatware.

f0dder:
VS always installs butt load of stuff on my computer, I can almost call it bloatware.-kartal (February 26, 2010, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's a pretty big and fully-featured IDE - wouldn't call it bloatware, though. Don't install functionality you don't need :)

wraith808:
VS always installs butt load of stuff on my computer, I can almost call it bloatware.-kartal (February 26, 2010, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's a pretty big and fully-featured IDE - wouldn't call it bloatware, though. Don't install functionality you don't need :)
-f0dder (February 26, 2010, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Custom install is your friend :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version