ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

People are really (really, really) stupid

<< < (4/9) > >>

tomos:
[...] they didn't stop to think maybe they got the wrong site, they just assumed someone had "broken their Facebooks!!1!1" and then proceeded to make incredibly retarded comments about it. *That* is stupid. Yes, I stand by that. Did it not even cross these people's minds that it could be another site? They've been to other sites on the Internet besides Facebook, right? Or at the least they know other sites *exist*... so, they're idiots.  :P-JavaJones (February 20, 2010, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

lol agreed

JavaJones:
I think a huge part of the security problems on the Internet stem from the fact that people just seem to have their brains turned off when online. Imagine if you were walking down the street to your favorite coffee shop, you come to where it should be and step inside, yet it's totally different, there is no menu, it's filled with shoes, and the staff is different. Do you A: walk up to the counter and start yelling at them about getting you coffee or B: walk back outside and see if you stepped into the wrong door and realize that it's one door down? I'd like to think most people, even the idiots in that comment thread, would opt for B. That being the case, why the hell didn't they apply the same common sense to their online navigation? Yeesh!

- Oshyan

cranioscopical:
it's totally different, there is no menu, it's filled with shoes, and the staff is different
-JavaJones (February 20, 2010, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
That explains the experience I had yesterday!
I asked for my usual, i.e. large and strong, and they handed me a steel-toed wellington boot!

TheQwerty:
...once they got to the site that looked totally different than Facebook...-JavaJones (February 20, 2010, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
To be fair, Facebook changes the layout of their site more than any other that I know, and the changes tend to be more than just small tweaks as well.  They've effectively trained their users to expect nothing to be where it was the last time they used the site.

CleverCat:
I have a permanent tab for FB in Firefox

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version