ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google does no evil; kills reMail

<< < (4/6) > >>

kartal:
Unless you have some strange distinction between online and offline forces I guess you are talking politics.

You are still a raving internet shopper compared to Richard Stallman http://lwn.net/Articles/262570/  8)
-Bamse (February 22, 2010, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I just know what I am talking about  and taking my own prescription.

If I had a foundation that was feeding me like Stallman has I would have done the same thing. Unfortunately technology(not ads, not adsense etc) is where I make my daily bread.

superboyac:
Google may be the new Microsoft.  But everything they offer is still free to the consumers, so that's the big difference.  I'm not defending google, I'm just pointing out something.

Dormouse:
It' not just free, it's also the focus of a lot of the innovation that is having an impact on large numbers of internet users. There's not much sign of innovation from MS any more - just the development of their products.

kartal:
It' not just free, it's also the focus of a lot of the innovation that is having an impact on large numbers of internet users. There's not much sign of innovation from MS any more - just the development of their products.
-Dormouse (February 22, 2010, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that the only real innovation Google has ever had was the Google search. The rest seems to be acquired through commercial acquisations, or acquired through using and expanding open source software.Since MS is a closed source company they need to write everything themselves. Anyways I am not a MS supporter either I just want to little clear up this Google fantasy land.

Dormouse:
They were innovative in the way they did search - but basically that was just a better search and there were many examples of search working before them. There's a lot since that didn't exist before they did it - or at least not in a way that affected many people. Of course, if you avoid everything they do you might not notice it.

Lots of people seem to dislike Google now, and they have got very good at making money. But their ability to do that has been fuelled by innovation.

I dislike Apple and refuse to use any of their products any more (many years since I did) but I can't deny that they have been innovative in a number of areas that have paid off big time for them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version