ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Processes running as IUSR_SERVER

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
well we dont know if this works yet.  if running as a service solves the problem, then i can add help for this.

tenseiken:
Well, I guess I was kind of derailing the topic.  Sorry about that.  Even if it doesn't solve the problem, it would be a neat addition.

Sentinel:
I get a feeling that running the Tray as a service will only fix the problem for the user account that the service runs as (either LocalSystem or whichever credentials are specified for the service).  This should be ok for taming specific applications such as IIS on a dedicated server, but will not be a universal solution for machines running processes as many different users.  Citrix/Terminal Services is probably the best example of multiple users running processes this way.

I'll test this at work on Citrix and a 2003 application server and post some conclusive results tonight.

mouser:
yes, that is the critical question..
is there a way to run it as a service with uber permissions to modify all exes.
or does it have to run as a specific service tied to the target.

if the latter, then the only way i see to fix it is to make a little commandline helper util with same taming abilities, which the main process tamer could launch as a specific user, when targetting specific services. sounds a little involved unless this is something really needed.

Sentinel:

Unfortunately I believe it is the latter, but I'll confirm this from one of my contacts at Microsoft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version