ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What happened to the "Improve icon" on the ToDo list?

(1/4) > >>

Amadawn:
I just found an old (from June 2005) ToDo list for F&R. There, at the very bottom of the list, there is "Improve icon". What happened to that? Or is the current icon the "Improved icon"? No offense but if that is the case I shiver to think how must have been the original icon!  ;)

I hope you'll have a cool full-color icon when you release v2 of F&R R!!! BTW, is there any planned release date (not precise, I mean month or week)?

Oh! And the name of the program tells you exactly what it does but it is not exactly the coolest name either ;) Fortunatelly the functionality is so awesome that it really compensates for that as well!

Cheers,

Amadawn

P.S.- This message is really meant to be read "tongue-in-cheek"! ;D

mouser:
What happened to that? Or is the current icon the "Improved icon"? No offense but if that is the case I shiver to think how must have been the original icon!
--- End quote ---

lol  ;D

a new icon would be great but my art skills suck.  i'd love to get some user submitted icons to use for version 2.

yeah the name kind of sucks.. i'm open to changing names as well for version 2.

let me give a hard deadline for version 2; i'm hoping it will be before this, but here is absolute latest version 2 will be out by:

i'll move heaven and earth to get version two out by March 14th, the one year anniversary of this site.
That's about 7 weeks from today.

Amadawn:
You surprised me! A lot of people get very attached to the names that they give to their programs. It is awesome that you can recognize that it is not so catchy :Thmbsup:

OK, so I see that you are fond of robots, so, for the new name, what about "Ruunba"?

This is why:
- It immediately indicates that the program is meant to "Ruun" programs while making reference to a very famous cleaning "robot" (the Roomba).
- It is not too close to the name it refers to yet I think that it is easy to recognize the reference.
- As a plus, while the "Roomba" is meant to clean your house for you (without you having to do any work at all), one could argue that the purpose of FRR is to "organize" your programs for you (which should keep your desktop clean as you do not need to have tons of program shortcuts anymore...).

What do you think? I hope other people make their own suggestions!

Cheers,

Amadawn

P.S.- By the way, I own a Roomba, and it is the best thing since sliced bread!
P.S.2.- I wish that I was an artist too, but I am not! If you finally decide to change the name, you should first wait until you decide which new name you are going to use and then perhaps you could hold a little competition for the icon. The guy who develops PSPad did it and the response was awesome!

nontroppo:
Ruunba is really cool, I like!

Amadawn:
let me give a hard deadline for version 2; i'm hoping it will be before this, but here is absolute latest version 2 will be out by:
-mouser (January 23, 2006, 09:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you gonna have a beta period first? I'd be interested in giving it a try! :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version