ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Help Me Decide How to Giveaway Some C++ Books Here on DC

(1/5) > >>

tinjaw:
I am moving into a new home in about six months so I am starting to determine what I can get away with not moving. I have about 6-8 brand new never-been-opened C++ books. I decided to learn C++ once and for all about a year ago and bought the best I could find and then promptly decided that it wasn't worth my time.

So, I want to find them a good new home. I want them to be used by somebody who will wear out the bindings from use. And I would like your help in coming up with some ideas about how to best find them a home.

What ideas to you have?

KynloStephen66515:
I am moving into a new home in about six months so I am starting to determine what I can get away with not moving. I have about 6-8 brand new never-been-opened C++ books. I decided to learn C++ once and for all about a year ago and bought the best I could find and then promptly decided that it wasn't worth my time.

So, I want to find them a good new home. I want them to be used by somebody who will wear out the bindings from use. And I would like your help in coming up with some ideas about how to best find them a home.

What ideas to you have?
-tinjaw (February 16, 2010, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about running some sort of competition on DC and the winner gets them? - or maybe run an 'auction' for which, the users much donate to DC if they win, once they win and donate, they must send credits to you (to be passed into the site fund)

f0dder:
What ideas to you have?-tinjaw (February 16, 2010, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ship them all to me or Jibz :)

mwb1100:
I want them to be used by somebody who will wear out the bindings from use. And I would like your help in coming up with some ideas about how to best find them a home.
-tinjaw (February 16, 2010, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have a DC C++ programming contest, and the worst programs win the books.

mouser:
Have a DC C++ programming contest, and the worst programs win the books.
--- End quote ---

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version