ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Text of options is cut (not all is showing).

<< < (2/4) > >>

kimmchii:
these look familiar?

you can upload the image to http://reg.imageshack.us/
then paste the img tag link here.

Amadawn:
Yeah, those look exactly the same! (except for the actual theme that you are using).

Mouser, have you tried running F&R with different Windows themes? Mine is just a regular Windows XP them (not a WindowBlinds thme or anything like that).

Cheers,

Amadawn

mouser:
these font size issues are the bane of my existence; i promise to make another try to fix them..
it has to do with large font settings in windows, and my apps tend to not display property on systems with large DPI (font size) mode.  you can confirm this is the problem by temporarily changing the DPI mode back to default of 96 from your display settins; for me it's right click on desktop -> display properties -> advanced tab).

Amadawn:
You are right I didn't think so but I am running at 120 dpi (125% font size). The problem is that with my window resolution that is the minimum size at which the text is readable for me :-[

I've had these type of issues with my own programs before. One thing that I always try to do is to make every textbox (including those accompanying checkboxes) as wide as possible (without overlapping them with any other GUI element. Also I usually put a Tooltip for every GUI element, where the tooltip is the same as the text in the editbox. That way, if the editbox is too small, people can still see the text by putting the mouse over the GUI item. That should take care of most of the issues on your Preferences menus.

For the Groups window I guess that it will be harder to fix. The only thing that I can suggest is to make the window size bigger by default, but that might solve nothing if you are using relative positions for your GUI elements.

Cheers,

Amadawn

P.S.- When spellchecking my posts I noticed that the spellchecker tries to spellcheck everything, including the "smiley" codes and the username. I don't know if that is possible but it'd be better if that could be avoided (I almost changed  :Thmbsup: into "Thumb" in one of my previous posts!

nontroppo:
Hi Amadawn, can I quickly remind you that if you have time you should make bugs / wishes into seperate items in the bug tracker to help mouser keep note of what needs to be done:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Tracking/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version