ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Which is better windows mobile or android os or iphone os?

<< < (9/13) > >>

Musubi:
Hmmm I see, so then the iphone would be paradoxically the most 'open" system because of the most developed jailbreaking community, and it's more popular = more crackers and hackers are  will try to hack and crack it.

Dormouse:
then the iphone would be paradoxically the most 'open" system because of the most developed jailbreaking community, and it's more popular = more crackers and hackers are  will try to hack and crack it.
-Musubi (March 20, 2010, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I very much doubt that. Apple control the hardware, the OS and the software and their whole philosophy is about their having total control of everything. This level of control will be new for MS & they have to carry developers with them to have a chance of getting real market share. And the carriers? - they've never shown any ability to control anything except your ability to connect. I can't see them being able to lock phones, though  you might have to access other stores through your computer rather than your phone. And their only interest is in maximising the revenue they can get - they don't really care about what you do if they get more revenue. MS and the carriers are envious of the revenue Apple get from their store, and that is what the carriers are really after. MS are wanting control because they think that is what has given Apple the usability that makes the iPhone popular.

Musubi:
So they think limiting features is what made  the iphone popular. Not the smooth OS, or the massive amount of apps? Sometimes I think MS huff's something.
And with the windows phone 7 MS actually decreassed the limited amount of apps they have, or will have, because they make it hard for amateur programs to code for wm 7.

Dormouse:
The massive number of apps only came later. First came the OS/hardware (very much designed as a single unit). Then they rigidly controlled the apps that got through so that the OS/hardware experience always worked the same. It is this bit that MS see (and probably correctly) but it isn't something that MS has ever really done/enforced before. But doing it massively restricts freedom. Why do you want to unlock the iPhone if you get one>

Musubi:
I don't want to unlock it, I want to jailbreak it. Two different things. I want to be able to connect a bluetooth keyboard to my phone amongs other things.  And I want multitasking, and I want some other free cydia apps. (Among other things i want the home screen to look like the one in a htc device, you know so it will be more functional and there's tons of stuff that a jailbroken iphone can do that a normal can't)

True the massive number of apps came latter, but it came for a reason. I heard it's fairly easy (I might be wrong) to write an iphone app. Most apps are based on html javascript and css, and now all windows phone 7 apps will have to be based on .net and silverlight, which are harder to do for a total novice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version