ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Which is better windows mobile or android os or iphone os?

<< < (7/13) > >>

Dormouse:
Jailbreaking isn't that hard I heard it takes like 10 minutes or so....
-Musubi (March 20, 2010, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's not that it is that hard, but that it puts you into conflict with Apple.
It means stuff may get disabled or you can't get an update. And then you will need to jail yourself and jailbreak again when the issue is dealt with. Not that hard, but you have to stay alert and in touch with the jailbreaking community.
And not risk-free - as the ikee virus proved - attention to all detail and settings is required not just following a simple 10 minute guide.

Also see here for predictions of security risk.

Musubi:
But I always thought I would be able to make a hard reset using itunes and then download all my apps and stuff to my iphone from  itunes, because it syncs it.
So even if a virus would brick my iphone I would be able to restore it using itunes, or am I wrong? I  mean I really like to play with software configuration so a little jailbreaking now and then wouldn't be such a problem for me.

What makes me sad is that I read somewhere that jailbreaking an iphone is considered illegal by apple. I mean why? Is modding a ps2 also illegal?

Also here's another - for the windows phone 7 - if the rumors are true it will be even more restricted thant the iphone, and because it will be less popular a "jailbreak" or an wm 7 equivelent will take longer to make.
(Just like the gamecube wasn't modded for a long long time, just because it wasn't popular enough for anyone to bother to do so)

Dormouse:
Is modding a ps2 also illegal?
-Musubi (March 20, 2010, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.

Musubi:
Is modding a ps2 also illegal?
-Musubi (March 20, 2010, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.
-Dormouse (March 20, 2010, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Really? I knew it voids the waranty but i never thought installing a chip to run backup copies to of the original games i own is illegal. why?

Dormouse:
Breaks copyright.

See here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version