ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

MultiFind Pro 1.7 - file search utility

(1/9) > >>

Cashper:
Hi,

I would like to announce my application and to hear comments about what do you like or not in it.
MultiFind Pro is a file search tool for Windows.
Features:

* Search by file name, date, size.
* Search in file contents (including doc, xls, pdf) for text string or regular expression.
* Skip binary files during search (configurable).
* Show matching strings.
* Replace text in plain text documents.
* Multi-tabbed interface.
* Integrates in folder context menu.
The product information page:
http://www.midlinesoft.com/multifindpro

Suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Regards,
Max

mouser:
Haven't tried it yet but it looks very nice on first glance. I'll be giving it a try.

rjbull:
As there are many search programs already, what do you see as the special features of yours?

Cashper:
I think that the special features are:
- Multi-tab interface, where one tab is one search.
- Filtering results.

AbteriX:
Hi Max,

i have tried MultiFind in the past along with other competitors and found it good and fast.
But now i see my trial period is expired and i can't test it again.

I like the displaying of the matches as per matched line view and as whole file view too.
That's clever to have an good overview over all matches and also see the match in the full file to see the surrounding lines.

I like the multi-tab interface and that i can reuse my last find&replace pattern.
But i would like to save an tab with all settings to load it later for reuse.
Also it would be nice to have "drop-down history list" for each box in the General section to f.ex. select an older RegEx pattern.

I would like to have this as portable software with an ini near the app exe, leaving my registry alone.
I don't know if i have tested this... but i would need to call MultiFind with an path as argument from my file manager.
like: "Launch ..\..\Tools\MultiFind\MultiFind.exe /PATH:{currPath} /EXT:{currFileExtension}"

For the price asked i would expect an lifetime license.

The filter needs improvements:
- regex to match files with two digits \d\d
- gt/lt for size and date (currently this is not very useful)
EDIT: O.K., i can insert '1*.*' in the size field to filter for files smaller then 20 Kb,
and '??.*' into the name field to get all files greater then 9.ext, that's e.g. 10.ext, 11.ext, 12.ext,...
EDIT 2: or i could just use the options from the Advanced area  :P ... but now i am not sure if i would need this filter then at all?

Question:  How can i search [&replace] for multiple lines?
E.g.:
search for:
span.rvts3 /* Keywords */
{
 font-family: 'Arial';
 font-style: italic;
 color: #800000;
}
Replace with:
<nothing>

Here should be an help for regex searches, like an checkbox "[X] dot search newlines",
and an higher, multiline edit box for non-regex searches.

HTH?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version