ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Toggle 1.5

(1/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Toggle may be found on this page: http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

I have changed the design of Toggle to simply alternate between a "green" and "red" toggle state.  It no longer centers windows. It simply saves the current position and size of the associated window, and moves the window to the other saved position and size.  If the other state has not been initialized, a message dialog pops up to advise you to size and move the window as you like.

It's really for myself to have a hotkey to alternate 2 non-maximized Firefox window sizes.  But especially for browsers you may find it useful.

If you are using a window sizer utility then this is likely way too simple for your taste.

I coded it to just return from the hotkey or mouse double click on the tray icon and do nothing, if the window is in maximized state.  It doesn't try to intercept any windows sizing or movement messages.  It simply uses AutoIt3 functions to remember window size and position and move the window to a saved size/position.

Likely there are still some bugs but I think it's usable as it is at least for a single window browser or editor. If you notice the icon state gets confused or other inconsistency the likely fix is to close it down and delete the Toggle.ini file.  Toggle will create it again on the next run.

Now it enforces single instance and also saves state to an .ini file between runs.
See the included Readme.txt for more info.

MilesAhead:
Updated to v. 1.11.  A few minor bug fixes. Mostly getting the icon color change to kick in when you double-click the Tray Icon to toggle.

v. 1.2 Fixed Tray Icon Tooltip to update when you change the associated window title.

Curt:
Can such a thing "easily" be changed into making my Explorer window always open with the size 85% x 87.25%, or do I need something entirely different ? I think I probably have too many 'add-ons' and things; my Vista Explorer simply refuses to remember any other size than the wrong one!

MilesAhead:
Can such a thing "easily" be changed into making my Explorer window always open with the size 85% x 87.25%, or do I need something entirely different ? I think I probably have too many 'add-ons' and things; my Vista Explorer simply refuses to remember any other size than the wrong one!

-Curt (February 15, 2010, 05:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you want something to change the window size when you press a hotkey or launch something at the size?

If you have the 1.0 version of Toggle, set the percentages, and use the WinTitle [ACTIVE] in brackets just as I've typed it.  Then the hotkey should toggle the active window no matter what it is. (Of course you should only use it with one window or windows will end up directly on top of each other eventually.)

If you want something to automatically resize explorer when it comes up let me know.  The [ACTIVE] gimmick would be the quickest thing to try though.

With the newer version of Toggle it doesn't accept percentages but you could still use [ACTIVE] and just drag the explorer window to the size you want and hit the hotkey to save it.

If neither approach does it, give a bit more detail what you want.  It should be an easy one since I have a couple of programs that watch explorer windows anyway.  It would just be adapting.

edit: you could also use this WinTitle  [class:CabinetWClass]
in the brackets as typed.  Then it would only Toggle the last active Explorer window.  Still, you're likely to end up with windows directly on top of each other.  You could also try it directly with rw.exe
as in:

rw 85 87 [class:CabinetWClass]

after explorer is open.
(assuming rw.exe is in your Path)

MilesAhead:
If you don't still have a copy of rw.exe you can get it in this download:

http://www.favessoft.com/RunAndPlace.zip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version