ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Return of the Son of the best *free* Windows Text Editor

<< < (12/19) > >>

fenixproductions:
Does anyone know of a multi-line editor (lightweight ofcourse) to assist in this little feature?
Or perhaps a plugin?
-Jammo the OrganizedFellow (November 06, 2010, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Default Notepad++ installation should have TextFX plugin and:

* Ctrl+A
* menu TextFX -> TextFX Edit -> Delete Blank Lines

hulkbuster:
I too use PSPad/Notepad++/AllMyNotes Organizer( that was given as a Giveaway last time:)
Might want to take a look at HippoEDIT 1.49 at Giveawayoftheday [Here: ] [Direct Download ]

CHEERS:)

superboyac:
I would encourage all to buy the $15 hippoedit sale today.  It's one of those little developers that seems to do things the right way.  And I normally will buy anything remotely interesting under $20 because i feel that is a very good price for most utilities we use.  I find it to be a good balance between the extremes of freeware and $50+ shareware.  Anything above $20 makes me think twice, and anything below I'm willing to give a shot.

rjbull:
HippoEDIT's nice.  I'm just waiting for it to have some kind of macros, and ones I can cope with; don't want to have to learn a whole programming language.

I used to use it at work - back when I had a job - for saving text from the Web.  I always wanted to save as plain text.  If the clip was unicode, when I went to save it, HippoEDIT would ask me whether I wanted it converted to plain text.  Very convenient.

superboyac:
HippoEDIT's nice.  I'm just waiting for it to have some kind of macros, and ones I can cope with; don't want to have to learn a whole programming language.

I used to use it at work - back when I had a job - for saving text from the Web.  I always wanted to save as plain text.  If the clip was unicode, when I went to save it, HippoEDIT would ask me whether I wanted it converted to plain text.  Very convenient.
-rjbull (November 10, 2010, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, it definitely needs work.  But I like the way it's been developed so far.  My favorite editor up to this point is Editpad Pro.  2nd favorite is EmEditor.  3rd is Ultraedit.  4th is Notepad++.  Each one has a specialty for me.  Emeditor is the fastest.  Editpad is the best overall.  Ultraedit can do the most.  Notepad++ is the best of the free ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version