ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Flattr: New Micropayment System - Gets the Model Right?

<< < (4/7) > >>

mouser:
I fear malware scripts that will attempt to clickjack money from flattr users.
--- End quote ---

while i think you are right about how easy that would be to do.. if one is getting a report at the end of the month, and not spending too much per month, it would be easy to detect.  AND easy for flattr to undo the money given to the recipient before they are allowed to cash it out.  it would probably be pretty clear if large scale fraud was attempted.

agree about multiple clicks solution to giving one person more than others.

Curt:
So, if I forget to push the button more than once per month, that site will get the lot? Who will then get the money when I for some reason don't push any buttons at all? Will the money accumulate on my account? And when I die, who will know I have money on such account? Must the attorney fight some international company to get back my eight dollar? Hmm... maybe, maybe not; instinctive I am not taken by the concept.

nharding:
I like the idea of true micro payments, less than 1cent that would be tied to page views (click to read more, this will cost 0.5c). Paypal does not support micro payments because of the cost of paypal transactions.

housetier:
I have given this some thought in the meantime... There might be people who absolutely love the idea of donating a fixed amount each month. My initial skepticism mostly came from my own extremely limited financial resources.

Despite my doubts I want this kind of micropayment system to succeed. Even if only to "show them" it can be done.

Hermit2003:
Seems like a good idea, but I'm really getting frustrated with all these sites and services that rely on videos to explain everything.  If you are going to force me to watch a video to understand anything at all about your product, I've already lost all interest.

Also, what happens if you don't click to support anyone in the month? Does your money just go to them then or does your support mean even more the next month?
-TheQwerty (February 10, 2010, 07:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I couldn't agree more. I have finally upgraded to high-speed, but had to give up long distance plans in order to afford that--and even on DSL high-speed, half the videos I try to see are incredibly slow, with long buffering periods in between each sentence. I know that's one of the drawbacks of living in the bush, but I still don't see why I have to watch videos to learn anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version