ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Flattr: New Micropayment System - Gets the Model Right?

<< < (3/7) > >>

mouser:
The only thing that bugs me is that monthly plan. I don't feel like donating every month.
--- End quote ---

i think that's a good point -- and it means that you don't have much control over how much you give to any one site.  the user gives up a lot of control, in exchange for a much simpler process that doesn't require much thinking or risk.

one thing that would be interesting is if flattr decided to charge a flat fee for their services rather than a percentage of money passing through the system.. if they did do that they would be the only example of such a model i've seen, and that in itself would be quite interesting.  can't wait to see some more details.

rxantos:
As a user, I do not like that business model.

- The monthly fee.
- Give an equal share for something I REALLY like vs to something I somehow liked at the moment, but not any more.

I prefer the concept of micro accounts that at not tied to my bank account. Lets say I want to spend $100 each month. I just put the money from my bank account into the micro account, then I pay from that micro account, until the $50. I cannot get over the ammount I budgeted, and all I can loss if the account is hacked is the $100.

housetier:
Also I do not see how flattr will survive, unless by users clicking flattr's flattr button.

Tuxman:
Nothing's wrong with Paypal.

Nod5:
- Give an equal share for something I REALLY like vs to something I somehow liked at the moment, but not any more.
-rxantos (February 12, 2010, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
That could be solved by multiple clicks on stuff you wish to support more, no? I agree on the other things you wrote.

Flattr might be too easy. I fear malware scripts that will attempt to clickjack money from flattr users.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version