ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Buzzzzzzzzinggggg - Google Buzz - Gmail with facebook features

<< < (2/8) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Its a pretty sad effort for a Social Media/Lifestreaming outlet...I've seen some bad ones, and this is amongst the worst.

wraith808:
I plan to give it a chance- I liked the idea of Wave, and I like the way that reader handles your friends.  Now if it would just roll out...

wraith808:
Its a pretty sad effort for a Social Media/Lifestreaming outlet...I've seen some bad ones, and this is amongst the worst.
-Stephen66515 (February 10, 2010, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why do you say that?

JavaJones:
I'm buzzed! And it's underwhelming. Of course, keep in mind this is from a guy who hates Facebook, Twitter, MyFace, SpaceCase, and the rest. I've never updated my Facebook status, hardly even update my IM status when I'm "away" (it doesn't seem to make much difference anyway, people know when I'm idle automatically). So I'm probably not the target market for this. I could see it being interesting leveraging the existing data of Gmail and other Google services, but at the same time I wonder whether people actually like the separation between Gmail/email in general and something like Facebook. I think I do... :D

- Oshyan

KynloStephen66515:
-Stephen66515 (February 10, 2010, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why do you say that?
-wraith808 (February 10, 2010, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

They are not including any of the features that are loved by the users, there is no way to 'export' your posts, and it seems like a very very simple platform, which could be launched by anybody, they should of taken a leaf out of Facebook's book, or even adopted scripts such as PHPizabi ... at least those have interesting features :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version