ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Make web search in current opened browser - Farr_Browser_Launcher by lanux128

<< < (3/8) > >>

joby_toss:
Hey...I played around a bit with the paths like you suggested and IT WORKS (even with the portable launchers)!
Brilliant!
Thank you so much!

The trick is not to put the default browser in the first spot (BrowserA - Opera in my case).

Can BrowserC , BrowserD etc. be added?

??? I see no mention about chrome in your script and yet, it works with it, too.??? :)

lanux128:
Hey...I played around a bit with the paths like you suggested and IT WORKS (even with the portable launchers)!
Brilliant!
Thank you so much!

The trick is not to put the default browser in the first spot (BrowserA - Opera in my case).

Can BrowserC , BrowserD etc. be added?-joby_toss (May 21, 2010, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

glad to see it working. yes, BrowserA gives way to BrowserB if BrowserB is already open. think A as the default heavyweight slugger while B is the nimble-footed sprinter. :)

as for BrowserC , BrowserD can you give an example of how they would be prioritised? like an order of how and when they should be opened.

lanux128:
??? I see no mention about chrome in your script and yet, it works with it, too.???-joby_toss (May 21, 2010, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

you only need to specify the path in the INI file for the browsers to work. in case the paths do not exist, then the script will look to Internet Explorer (which is available in all versions of Windows) as a fail-safe instead of showing an error message. that's why earlier you had the links opening in IE8. btw, what were the browser paths in win7x64?

joby_toss:
The main priority should be: is it opened (only 1)? use it!

If none opened: use A.
If 2 opened: if A and B or C or D - use A
                    if B and C or D - use B
                    if C and D - use C
If 3 opened: if A and any 2 other - use A
                    if B and C and D - use B
If all opened - use A.

As for browsers paths, in my case, here they go:
- installed:   IE8x86 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
                 IE8x64 - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
                 Opera (installed because I can't make it default browser if outside ProgramFiles) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\opera.exe
- portable:   Chrome5 - D:\Joby\Internet stuff\ChromePortable\ChromePortable.exe
                  Iron4 - D:\Joby\Internet stuff\ChromePortable\App\IronPortable.exe
                  Firefox3 - D:\Joby\Internet stuff\FirefoxPortable3\FirefoxPortable.exe
                  Palemon - D:\Joby\Internet stuff\Palemoon-Portable\Palemoon-Portable.exe
                  SeaMonkey2 - D:\Joby\Internet stuff\SeaMonkeyPortable\SeaMonkeyPortable.exe

lanux128:
Edit: Forgot to say that I started using this tool a while back, Browser Chooser, but it involves one more mouse click and quite some attention.-joby_toss (May 21, 2010, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Browser Chooser was also discussed here as an alternative but somehow it didn't work

The main priority should be: is it opened (only 1)? use it!

If none opened: use A.
If 2 opened: if A and B or C or D - use A
                    if B and C or D - use B
                    if C and D - use C
If 3 opened: if A and any 2 other - use A
                    if B and C and D - use B
If all opened - use A.-joby_toss (May 21, 2010, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

the logic looks nice.. i'll work out something along these lines. :)

• BrowserA = Opera
• BrowserB = Chrome5
• BrowserC = Iron4
• BrowserD = Firefox3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version