ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Make web search in current opened browser - Farr_Browser_Launcher by lanux128

<< < (2/8) > >>

mouser:
A keyword system to use a specific app to open the result of a search.
--- End quote ---

this exists.

in the help file look up the section: "Advanced Use -> Using Alias Action Keywords"

JavaJones:
I knew it. :D So, can it be used to overcome the issue the OP has, and launch a specific browser for search results?

- Oshyan

lanux128:
even though Firefox is my default, when Firefox is not open i prefer to open any quick queries launched from Farr in K-Meleon (which is less resource intensive). so for that purpose, i wrote a small AHK script to do just that.

• Farr_Browser_Launcher (FBL4)
to use it, just copy the file into a folder of your choice and refer to that path in your Farr's custom browser option. (see pic)

please give it a try and let me know if it works or otherwise.. also thanks to ewemoa for his valuable suggestions. :)

Edit: new version uploaded, please give this a try. hopefully the "space" bug have been fixed.
i also shortened the program's name to FBL4 (the 4 stands for the number of supported browsers). :)

joby_toss:
In my case (win7x64) it only works if BrowserB is IE8 (and it always opens a new window instead of a new tab in the already opened instance).
Not FF nor Chrome works, but I guess it is because I use the portable versions (NSIS launchers).

It is pretty amazing what you did here!  :Thmbsup:
Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to say that I started using this tool a while back, Browser Chooser, but it involves one more mouse click and quite some attention.

lanux128:
In my case (win7x64) it only works if BrowserB is IE8 (and it always opens a new window instead of a new tab in the already opened instance).
Not FF nor Chrome works, but I guess it is because I use the portable versions (NSIS launchers).

It is pretty amazing what you did here!  :Thmbsup:
Thanks!-joby_toss (May 21, 2010, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

i see that you're using win7x64.. in that case, you have to edit the INI file (%FarrDir%\Scripts\Farr_Browser_Launcher.ini) and change the path to your browser accordingly. you can refer to the image below.

btw, you're welcome and let me know if the change works as i have no win7 to test..  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version