ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Make web search in current opened browser - Farr_Browser_Launcher by lanux128

<< < (6/8) > >>

lanux128:
in most cases the .htm and .html filetypes are already given arguments in enclosed quotes like this "%1" (see pic). e.g. "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -requestPending -osint -url "%1". if you don't mind, can you check in the Folders Option and see how it is configured at your system?

thancock20:
I don't mind at all.  I've got

"C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Farr_Browser_Launcher.exe" "%1"

So, yes, the quotes are there.

I'm using Directory Opus as my file manager and bblean as my shell, but I don't think that would make a difference. I am curious if anyone else has had the issue; but, as far as I know, nobody else has tried using FBL as their default browser. They haven't posted about it, anyway. It's certainly saved me a lot of time not having to wait for Firefox to load up (I have quite a few extensions) every time a program I'm using decides to open a web page.  I don't have any extensions in Chrome at all, so I can use it as my "I want to take a look at something quickly" browser.

lanux128:
that's strange, i can't re-enact this error on my PC.. furthermore you've got the quotes and all in your registry, i'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. however it's good that you found a solution for it. :)

joby_toss:
Hmm...I'm having a similar issue as thancock20 and his fix seems to work for me too.
But sadly, I need the 4 browsers version of FBL.  :(

thancock20:
that's strange, i can't re-enact this error on my PC.. furthermore you've got the quotes and all in your registry, i'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. however it's good that you found a solution for it. :)
-lanux128 (June 22, 2010, 09:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is strange.  Strange enough that I switched my shell back to Explorer and turned off Directory Opus' integration with Windows, and tried the original version of the script again.  I still had the issue, so I was right in thinking they didn't cause it.

I even searched through the registry, just to make sure every instance of the command line had the quotes, and they do. 

I also double checked to make sure Firefox and Chrome still work correctly when they're the default browser.  Yes they do.

I tried removing the quotes in Edit File Type and got a "error parsing url parameters" in both versions.  I also removed the whole "%1" argument, and both versions tried to open 0.  I ran these tests because the original version when used to override the default browser in FARR - with no argument at all - will open the same html files launched through FARR just fine.  The problem comes when I try to open the files in Directory Opus (or Explorer).

I can't figure out why the script and the registry both need the quotes to work on my machine, but only the registry on yours.  Like you said, though, I'm glad I did get it to work on my machine.

Hmm...I'm having a similar issue as thancock20 and his fix seems to work for me too.
But sadly, I need the 4 browsers version of FBL.  :(
-joby_toss (June 23, 2010, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

So I'm not the only one with the problem.  This just keeps getting stranger.

By the way, I downloaded the 4 browser version to take a look at it; but the ahk file isn't included in the zip and it needs a password to decompile the exe.  So, I guess I'll stop meddling with lanux128's code now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version