ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

v 1.5 problems - freezes and crashes

<< < (3/3)

NigelRBrown:
I have a similar but different crash to that decribed by joiwind with v1.523 and now v1.53. Version 1.0 did not have this problem. In my case with CD open every time I click on Dock Settings in the context menu and exit (not when it opens) CD crashes and I get a sequence of three error messages (which I too can't make head or tail of), one after the other on clicking Abort or Retry and I kill the process.

[attach1]
[attach2]
[attach3]

I am running CD on Windows 7 64-bit, am not getting any mis-behaviour on anything else, and otherwise CD works brilliantly (with just a couple of minor niggles that I will write about separately).

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

NigelRBrown:
Sorry, something went wrong with first two error message attachments.
[attach1]
[attach2]

Thanks again.

Markham:
I have a similar but different crash to that decribed by joiwind with v1.523 and now v1.53. Version 1.0 did not have this problem. In my case with CD open every time I click on Dock Settings in the context menu and exit (not when it opens) CD crashes and I get a sequence of three error messages (which I too can't make head or tail of), one after the other on clicking Abort or Retry and I kill the process.

I am running CD on Windows 7 64-bit, am not getting any mis-behaviour on anything else, and otherwise CD works brilliantly (with just a couple of minor niggles that I will write about separately).
-NigelRBrown (February 11, 2010, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually your issue occurs when you close the Folder Stack Properties dialog. Circle Dock is unable to write to a configuration file as it is protected by User-Access Control (UAC). You'll need to reduce the UAC setting so that it allows this operation or, in extremis, turn-off UAC completely.

Mark

NigelRBrown:
Thanks Mark. Actually I have cured the problem by running CD as Administrator. It does the trick for Dock Properties and CD generally seems more stable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version