ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

V 1.5.1.1 Problems with Dock Settings and Item settings screen

<< < (5/6) > >>

Excess:
Hi,

Im running Windows 7 x86 on a laptop with a USB mouse plugged in and wasn't able to toggle visibility with my middle-mouse click (a.k.a. "scrolling wheel click"). Tryed both middle-click alone and in conjunction with other keys, successless (I think I just invented a word =)

If I can help somehow to identify the problem or you need more specs, just ask ;)

worick:
Since I moved to 1.53 on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine CD constantly looses the hook to the middle mouse button. I can't really test if it is still linked to the settings screen or not since it looses the middle button toggle so frequently no matter what I do, or don't do. It is pretty much unusable for me. I have had no problems with 1.53 on my Win 7 32 bit machine. I'll probably need to revert to version 1.5 or 1.51 for the 64 bit machine.

Besides just doing a regular uninstall is there anything else I need to do to completely remove CD from the 64 bit machine?

I do use a pretty old 3 button with scroll trackball on the 64 bit machine. Its a logitech, and they don't make software/drivers that support my trackball on Windows 7. So I am using the Microsoft drivers. If I had an extra button I would just change the toggle to it. I might look for some other 3rd party software to remap my middle click to a keyboard combo and try that route to fix toggling.

Markham:
Now that's really strange. The Sarge reported a similar problem with earlier versions (1.51 & 1.52) with the mouse. In 1.53 I added a simple timer which would, after 5 minutes, reconnect all the mouse interrupt handlers with the external DLL whilst the Dock is invisible. Since making that addition, he's confirmed to me that he's not encountered that scenario again.

Now you're telling me the opposite!

In v1.54 there will be a new checkbox on the Visibility Page, "Keep Mouse Interfaces Alive", which will be checked (ie enabled). If you disable this new option, you'll revert to pre-v1.53 behaviour as far as mouse handling is concerned.

Mark

worick:
I tried 1.5.4 and had the same results. I then tried using a couple different macro programs to remap Mbutton to a keyboard shortcut and they had problems also. I think my problem might be specific to the mouse/os I am using. As I mentioned in the last post I have an old trackball that is using the default Windows drivers not the OEMs.

I will try swapping out a newer mouse and see if that fixes the issue. I didn't suspect this earlier as the middle button hasn't given me issues earlier, and works in browsers, games, and other applications that use a middle click.

Surp:
Hi,

I've just installed Circle Dock v1.5.4.6 on my Vista Ultimate SP2 (32-bit) system and I'm having the same problem. After a little while CD stops responding to my middle mouse button. When I quit and restart CD, everything works fine again... for awhile.

With CircleDock v0.9.2 Alpha 8.1 I had no problems at all and I used this program for more than a year.

Any suggestions, please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version